(W618) Finow X5 AIR 2Gb 16Gb rooting guide - question?

How is everyone?

Quick questions on the above subject; I cant find a rooting guide or TWRP install tutorial for this watch on the forum. Is there one?

If not, is it okay if I post a quick tutorial?

cerebralflex

it seems that you have done it with your watch so yes, you can post a guide for it.

btw, where did you get twrp for it?

I just used the TWRP 3.0.2 recovery port for X5+ and LEM5 that Ciro Danise released here:

/thread/1016/twrp-recovery-port-x5-lem5

Modded my boot.img to stop the overwrite function, and switched out the kernel to fix the touch screen, then Magisk to root.

So full credit to Ciro, as the hard work was already done.

I will try and get a tutorial written up then, just in case anyone else is looking for root.

Thank you for replying back to me.

Jul 14, 2018 12:22:15 GMT 1 cerebralflex said:
I just used the TWRP 3.0.2 recovery port for X5+ and LEM5 that Ciro Danise released here:

Modded my boot.img to stop the overwrite function, and switched out the kernel to fix the touch screen, then Magisk to root.

I will try and get a tutorial written up then, just in case anyone else is looking for root.

Waiting for your tutorial brother

Sept 16, 2018 10:39:48 GMT 1 zulkifl said:
Jul 14, 2018 12:22:15 GMT 1 cerebralflex said:

Waiting for your tutorial brother

Sorry for delay mate, been a while since I have been on the forum.

Tutorial is on one of my other post, good luck and let me know if you need anything - I have a stable 5.1.1 ROM that runs really nice on the watch if you want to go custom. Also should be posting up a Marshmallow build in the next few days with any luck, See what improvements 6.0 brings.

/thread/2480/twrp-air-lem5-pro-w618