W1 Signal strength

Curious what other people are getting for signal strength on their W1 watch with two bars showing on the watch.  Mine reads -102dBm 8asu on AT&T HSPA.  The reading is found by going to “Settings” then “About” then “Status” then “Sim Status”.  Has anyone tested the various round full android watches for signal strength?  Just curious.

Jan 28, 2018 3:50:51 GMT 1 vdp said:
Curious what other people are getting for signal strength on their W1 watch with two bars showing on the watch.  Mine reads -102dBm 8asu on AT&T HSPA.  The reading is found by going to "Settings" then "About" then "Status" then "Sim Status".  Has anyone tested the various round full android watches for signal strength?  Just curious.

I thought "Signal Strength" is dependent on your proximity to the cell tower and thus it is not relevant to compare two watches unless both are in the same exact location?

My W1 has about one bar better signal strength then my zgpaz S8.

You have to also keep in mind the frequencies the different watches support. Here in Australia all carriers use 2100 but only one uses the other 850 as well. So I changed my number over to the carrier that supports both 2100 and 850. Now I get better coverage.