W1 Short report

Hi,

Short report of using this watch for 5 days…

performance is good, fast too… It will need custom rom, so until then is what is

battery very poor, with gps, wifi, bluetooth on, maybe you get 3 hrs of use… no calls, no music, no video…

it is very hot, when installing some apps,

Google assistant is not working, and this was main reason for buying it…it is google voice, but this is not the same, so all google automatisation that is linked to your account will not work…

Bluetooth connection is not consistent, allcall app is not good and is not responding correctly, you will miss at least few notifications a day…

Wifi connection is good, but data transfer is not fast…

Google app icon is not shown in app menu…

screen on direct sun is acceptable, and much better than non oled screen watches…

Sound is good, loud…

It is not same android 6.0 that i was using few years ago…

Hope that someone will do good rom for this watch… i read that KW88 is the same watch, but with less ram.

by

kikan

Short report of using this watch for 2 months…

Leather band for sports watch ? Sweat and leather don’t go well together.

It is convenient to be able to lie the watch flat on a table. All other phone watches I have owned cannot do this. When it does rain it is a lot easier to put in your pocket with it can be folded flat.

All signal quality is good from all radios 3G/BT/Wifi/GPS. My previous watch was a ZGPAX S8… the AllCAll W1 has faster and stronger Wifi, faster GPS connection time and faster processor to deal with the data.

The speaker is good, loud.

The microphone could be a little better.

I have added a pin password. This was not an option as a default. All phones should have some password protection.

Would be ideal if the pin password used the default watch face that you have selected and not the pin password screen time display.

I would MUCH prefer the standard micro USB charge port then the 4 pin connector. The first thing that I did when purchasing this watch was to buy 3 more charge cables. This watch is a brick if you run out of battery and not have the charge cable. The 4 pin connector often will come off with any movement of the watch while it is charging.

My watch gets 36 ~ 48 hours of standard use (3G only, Wifi/BT/GPS/Data all turned off) I turn on the other radios only when I need them.

I don’t use any of the sports features and never will. I find them a waste of time and battery life.

I do have an issue with the resolution. The entire watch needs to be able to work better with zoom and DPI and icon sizing etc… For small screens like this 2 touch is almost necessary for zooming. This watch only supports one finger touch.

With the screen always off you can never know if the watch still has any battery power.  I think a good idea would be to put on a very small LED on the watch face that starts to flash red when the battery is low and then goes solid red when the battery is flat.  I don’t quite understand the concept of low battery mode that switches off the 3G radio… I guess it is good so that you can maybe make one more call when taking it out of standby mode but for the entire time you are in standby you cannot receive calls, and you don’t really know this until you turn on the screen.

Questions:
How can I change the scrolling of icons to scrolling blocks of 4 or 6 at a time ?

Is it possible to change the order of the icons when scrolling.
Can I delete any of the default apps ?? I have installed my own browser and file manager etc… I want to delete the default ones or at least hide them as I will NEVER use them.

Mar 5, 2018 20:35:46 GMT 1 kyone said:

All signal quality is good from all radios 3G/BT/Wifi/GPS. My previous watch was a ZGPAX S8… the AllCAll W1 has faster and stronger Wifi, faster GPS connection time and faster processor to deal with the data. way better of any zgpax watches. i had the s99a and it is a crapy watch.

I would MUCH prefer the standard micro USB charge port then the 4 pin connector. The first thing that I did when purchasing this watch was to buy 3 more charge cables. This watch is a brick if you run out of battery and not have the charge cable. The 4 pin connector often will come off with any movement of the watch while it is charging. so true…

I do have an issue with the resolution. The entire watch needs to be able to work better with zoom and DPI and icon sizing etc… For small screens like this 2 touch is almost necessary for zooming. This watch only supports one finger touch. again…you are right.

With the screen always off you can never know if the watch still has any battery power.  I think a good idea would be to put on a very small LED on the watch face that starts to flash red when the battery is low and then goes solid red when the battery is flat.  I don’t quite understand the concept of low battery mode that switches off the 3G radio… I guess it is good so that you can maybe make one more call when taking it out of standby mode but for the entire time you are in standby you cannot receive calls, and you don’t really know this until you turn on the screen. will check…i think it makes sound when it reaches the 5%.

Questions:
How can I change the scrolling of icons to scrolling blocks of 4 or 6 at a time ?

Is it possible to change the order of the icons when scrolling.
Can I delete any of the default apps ?? I have installed my own browser and file manager etc… I want to delete the default ones or at least hide them as I will NEVER use them. with different launcher or root the watch but for now with do’nt have root package for it.