W1 Dead after 9 months

I’m disappointed, My 1st W1 failed to connect to the computer very shortly after I received it. Gearbest offered me a replacement for ~65$ which I accepted. Now, 9 months later, it’s completely dead. It was working well, used it every day. Charged it after a day of use and it wouldn’t turn on again. Tried everything I could think of including all of Gearbest’s recommendations. Nothing worked. Gearbest then offered me $20 (!!!) towards another watch. I wanted my watch fixed, replaced, something other than a $20 credit. Gearbest said it could be a battery issue so it wasn’t covered by the warranty. I went back and forth a half dozen times with customer service and intimately settled on $50 in store credit.  There’s no moral to this story, just a cautionary tale.

Update: I ordered a battery from AliExpress (for the kw99) for $10 as a shot in the dark. It worked. Watch is back up and running. Ghost in the machine.

Thanks for all your comments and help, btw.

You Can try to disconnect battery, wait a minute, then reconnect.

If needed you Can also flash it. This watch is hard to kill believe me…

Tried the battery, no luck. How would I flash it if it won’t turn on?

It has to be off to be flashed. So you Can always try.

Oct 9, 2018 3:30:47 GMT 1 esteve said:
Tried the battery, no luck. How would I flash it if it won't turn on?

yep, i have the kw99 which is the same as the W1 and as Eric said this one watch hard to kill i've killed many....others   but not this one.

Thanks everyone - I’ve decided to get a Lem X - I just can’t get the W1 working. I love it, I really do, but I’m worn out.

Oct 12, 2018 4:22:16 GMT 1 esteve said:
Thanks everyone - I've decided to get a Lem X - I just can't get the W1 working. I love it, I really do, but I'm worn out.

did you try to flash it first? if sp f.tool recognize it that means it can be saved:)

I did try to flash it - won’t recognize it. Uninstalled drivers, re-installed drivers, still no luck.

Oct 13, 2018 1:10:13 GMT 1 esteve said:
I did try to flash it - won't recognize it. Uninstalled drivers, re-installed drivers, still no luck.

check the area of the charging dots on the watch see if they are clear clean, also what if the cable itself stopped working?

Thought about that too, Cleaned the contacts and tried 3 different cables. I also swapped the battery for a fully charged one but it still didn’t work.

Update: I ordered a battery from AliExpress (for the kw99) for $10 as a shot in the dark. It worked. Watch is back up and running. Ghost in the machine.

Thanks for all your comments and help, btw.

esteve

thanks for sharing:)