W1 ALLCALL short report

Hi,

Short report of using this watch for 5 days…

performance is good, fast too… It will need custom rom, so until then is what is

battery very poor, with gps, wifi, bluetooth on, maybe you get 3 hrs of use… no calls, no music, no video…

it is very hot, when installing some apps,

Google assistant is not working, and this was main reason for buying it…it is google voice, but this is not the same, so all google automatisation that is linked to your account will not work…

Bluetooth connection is not consistent, allcall app is not good and is not responding correctly, you will miss at least few notifications a day…

Wifi connection is good, but data transfer is not fast…

Google app icon is not shown in app menu…

screen on direct sun is acceptable, and much better than non oled screen watches…

Sound is good, loud…

It is not same android 6.0 that i was using few years ago…

Hope that someone will do good rom for this watch… i read that KW88 is the same watch, but with less ram.

by

kikan

I like the look of this watch, but would you say the H2 is still more reliable and better?

Jan 24, 2018 18:46:17 GMT 1 paulr said:
I like the look of this watch, but would you say the H2 is still more reliable and better?

i don't think that is better..

Thanks. It seems these cheaper smart watches are all trying to do too much for too little money, haven’t read one review that says they have an ultra reliable watch!

Jan 29, 2018 23:17:29 GMT 1 paulr said:
Thanks. It seems these cheaper smart watches are all trying to do too much for too little money, haven’t read one review that says they have an ultra reliable watch!

I've had mine not quite a week and I do think it's ultra reliable.  I think it's a matter of realizing what it is (and is not), and deciding if it fits your needs.

It’s a tiny battery running full android with a decent small round high dpi screen, and the usual radios.

It’s a smart phone in the shape of a watch.

No way you are going to run a smartphone on a 450mah battery for very long with all the radios running.  3 hours sounds about right.  Hell, it sounds pretty good.

I leave bluetooth on so I can get notifications, everything else on only when needed, which is rare.  I have the universal launcher from ricktop installed.

In summary, it’s an ultra reliable watch with fitness band functions (hr and pedometer), with nearly unlimited custom watchfaces available.  I wish I had to charge it less, but with a 450mah battery I don’t know how much better to really expect it to be.  I go to bed with it fully charged, wake up with it around 55 to 60% battery, charge again in the late morning at work, and unless I’m messing with it a lot, that pattern of use and charging seems pretty consistent.  (adding/removing watch faces or fiddling with different options all the time like I did during the first day or so I had it drains it down a lot faster, no doubt)

I’m going to try putting it on airplane mode before bed and see if I wake up with even more battery the next morning.

Would it be great to charge it once a day or less?  Sure it would.  But there’s lots of smartphones with much bigger batteries (and bigger screens and faster CPUs to be fair) that barely achieve that.

On my wishlist would be a bigger battery, waterproofing, and easily replaceable band.  But that’s about it, and I know that (today at least) I’m not going to get any of those things at this price point, without giving something else up.  For the price I think it’s a great value, an I’m super happy with it.  Could you really use it as your only phone?  No, probably not due to the frequency with which you’d need to charge it - but as an inexpensive companion device I think it’s pretty great.

Jan 29, 2018 23:17:29 GMT 1 paulr said:

I guess you missed my review of the I4 Air. Of the several I've owned it is by and far the best and most reliable for what I want in this type of watch. I would consider it ultra reliable.

Thanks for the feedback, gives me a bit of faith to order one now!