Voice Search works offline!?

Hello! Congratulations to all creators and contributors that make this a really great site and forum! I’m a very fresh owner of a Microwear H2 smartwatch. Unfortunately i can’t make Voice Search to work offline apparently because English US language is missing from Offline Speech Recognition list of available languages to download. Anyone can make this Voice Search work offline or knows how to install this missing English US language?? Many thanks. JR

Hi again! I just noticed my H2 build number is older than the firmware posted in this forum (24_10_2017 vs 30_10_2017)! But since i prefer not to flash my smartwatch while i’m not sure it resolves the issue, please could someone with H2 just test and confirm if Voice Search really works offline on H2!? That means commands like “turn wifi on”, “turn bluetooth on/off”, “call” someone of the contact list or “open” any app should be promptly executed! Please just be sure smartwatch it’s offline when testing since Voice Search works without any problems on my H2 if there’s wifi or data connection. Many thanks! JR

Hi! I really appreciate if someone could help me and just confirm if Voice Search works offline on H2. Many thanks. JR

Mar 1, 2018 13:03:12 GMT 1 jrjr said:
Hi! I really appreciate if someone could help me and just confirm if Voice Search works offline on H2. Many thanks. JR

i have'nt tried it on my H2 but i'm quite sure that it should work offline especially in English ( pablo11

) .

Hi Sophie!Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately i’m starting to believe Voice Search doesn’t work offline on this smartwatch! I already managed to download and install English(US) language into Offline Speech Recognition but it seems H2 doesn’t surpass the microphone voice recognition…

Mar 1, 2018 23:02:09 GMT 1 jrjr said:
Hi Sophie!Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately i'm starting to believe Voice Search doesn't work offline on this smartwatch! I already managed to download and install English(US) language into Offline Speech Recognition but it seems H2 doesn't surpass the microphone voice recognition...

Hi, Voice search does not work offline on any of the warches. Only voice typing works offline. You have to understand that they cannot install all of Google services on these watches as they are not licensed to. Google is very specific about not allowing small devices to be completely supported because of Wear.

Hi Pablo! Many thanks for your reply! It’s really a pity because in my opinion offline Voice Search would be one of the most useful apps. Sorry for asking but are you sure Voice Search doesn’t work offline on all android smartwatches, for example IQI I4 air?

Mar 1, 2018 23:53:40 GMT 1 jrjr said:
Hi Pablo! Many thanks for your reply! It's really a pity because in my opinion offline Voice Search would be one of the most useful apps. Sorry for asking but are you sure Voice Search doesn't work offline on all android smartwatches, for example IQI I4 air?

I am sure, yes. It uses same board and firmware (slightly customised but the same)

As I said, it’s all about Google.
They do not recognise our devices and therefore do not license this functionality.

Cheers
Pablo

Hi!

Thanks again Pablo!

By the way, do you know if it’s possible to mute mic/speaker from watch and make use of the phone’s mic and speaker when i answer a private call on my smartphone without having to turn off bluetooth and consequently disconnecting from Wiiwatch app? When i make/start a call from phone i’m able to do that but not when i answer a call.

If not it seems to me BT call and Wiiwatch are not very compatible apps because everytime we need to answer a private call in public places, after call ends, we need not just reestablish bluetooth connection but also reopen Wiiwatch app and reconnect device again…

Many thanks!

JR