Ver 1.4 software

Does anyone know what’s new in 1.4 software?

A changelog would be nice but wasn’t able to find anything like it.
It probably transfers your bank account data and paypal login 5 times faster to china than with version 1.3

Can you dump the 1.4 firmware? How that is done is described here: forum.hovatek.com/thread-21970.html

Mar 12, 2019 13:19:15 GMT jockyw2001 said:
Can you dump the 1.4 firmware? How that is done is described here: forum.hovatek.com/thread-21970.html

I have tried this method several times on different PCs but it doesn’t work for me.

Any tips?

For us less tech-savvy, can someone help provide instructions on how to get and install the v1.4 firmware please?

Mar 12, 2019 20:22:07 GMT enviro8 said:
Mar 12, 2019 13:19:15 GMT jockyw2001 said:

I have tried this method several times on different PCs but it doesn’t work for me.

Any tips?

Use WwR 2.40 with the modified template.ini (added platform MT6739) you can find here:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rO2tINDJbLz8A_r5XN81GAAo7o7VkDWL?usp=sharing

WwR will then complete the process.

In step 17. to determine the total flash size proceed as described here:

forum.hovatek.com/thread-22701.html

It worked fine for dumping my Kospet Hope.

Of course if you publish your dump you would need to dump twice…

First back up your already customized rom, then reset to factory and dump the rom that can be published to the public.

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try over the weekend

Hi, I got a push notification to update to v1.4 a few days ago. So updated via OTA to 1.4 and observed it for 2 days. Was quite disappointed that there seems to be little or no improvement to the battery life and GPS fix speed. Anyone has seen any significant improvements with this new version?

Mar 16, 2019 14:20:26 GMT tekkiddo said:
Hi, I got a push notification to update to v1.4 a few days ago. So updated via OTA to 1.4 and observed it for 2 days. Was quite disappointed that there seems to be little or no improvement to the battery life and GPS fix speed. Anyone has seen any significant improvements with this new version?

Gps for the sports seems to be new.

I have observed that I am getting significant increase in battery life with V1.4 over V1.2.

I’ve also noticed an increase in battery life with V1.4 compared to V1.2. I’ve noticed the raise hand to face to turn on display doesn’t work as well. It works fine for a little while after initially turning it on, but a few hours later I go to check the time again and it won’t turn the regular display on when I raise my hand. It only shows the “Always time” standby screen. I don’t remember this being an issue in V1.2.

Mar 17, 2019 1:57:19 GMT krapulant said:
Mar 16, 2019 14:20:26 GMT tekkiddo said:
Gps for the sports seems to be new.

I wish that were true, but I don't see sports using GPS.  When I select Outdoor run (or other sports), it doesn't search for GPS connection but immediately starts the timer.  Ride Bike doesn't even have a distance traveled -- only calories and time. 
Mar 13, 2019 20:29:56 GMT enviro8 said:

Did you succeed?
Mar 21, 2019 18:15:28 GMT jockyw2001 said:
Mar 13, 2019 20:29:56 GMT enviro8 said:

Did you succeed?

This weekdend, I can try do dump the 1.4 firmware of my son's Lem8 (he will by away for the weekend). I will double check it if has the GPS options in the Fitness menu before (he told me yes) and will report back.
Mar 22, 2019 13:28:43 GMT krapulant said:
Mar 21, 2019 18:15:28 GMT jockyw2001 said:
Did you succeed?

This weekdend, I can try do dump the 1.4 firmware of my son's Lem8 (he will by away for the weekend). I will double check it if has the GPS options in the Fitness menu before (he told me yes) and will report back.

No GPS acquisition in the fitness portion of the 1.4 firmware for the Lem8... I was led wrong by my son! 😂

Good to know. Thanks for pursuing this.

Lemfo lem8 1.4 firmware here:

drive.google.com/file/d/1RO5bUy-znxyAaC4HynhlhXE6k4kbbdsw/view?usp=

Enjoy

Just in case someone comes here later looking for info about this update, I just wanted to add that the only difference I noticed in the menu of v1.4 compared to v1.2 was a new toggle option in Settings -> Display called “Notification bright screen”. This allows notifications to light up the screen even when the smart watch is in doze/Always time mode. If this setting is turned off, you just hear a chime and vibration when a message comes in but the screen doesn’t turn on. Note that this only works if you have Quiet Mode OFF. If Quiet mode is on, you don’t get a chime, vibration, or bright screen when a message comes, even if you set the apps to wake from Do Not Disturb. It seems there’s no way to allow apps to override Quiet Mode.