USB MTP device stopped working

Today when i connect my watch to PC nothing happened. In device manager i see MTP device with yellow trinangle warning.
The diver information say problem in .inf services section. If i update it then say unknown device.
I don’t know it’s depend from update or not. After update i used it without problem.

It seems to be catching, none of my devices connect using MTP. Windows has always had an issue with MTP, and a recent update on Win10 seems to have pretty much broke MTP completely. I’m still digging through drivers to find a work around.

For now, connect it as a camera and drop files into the “Pictures” folder. From there you can use the watch’s internal file browser to move the files from “Picture” to “Downloads”.

Sept 14, 2016 13:26:21 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
It seems to be catching, none of my devices connect using MTP. Windows has always had an issue with MTP, and a recent update on Win10 seems to have pretty much broke MTP completely. I'm still digging through drivers to find a work around.

For now, connect it as a camera and drop files into the “Pictures” folder. From there you can use the watch’s internal file browser to move the files from “Picture” to “Downloads”.

I cannot change connection type on KW88, no option for this. No notification and no anything.
USB debugging work fine,i can connect to watch and ADB working.
Bootloader also work, i can readback with SPFT. I think the hardware OK.

One solution which might work:
g+ link
I think the MTP driver was broken in Win 10 a little while ago and manually selecting one of the portable device/MTP devices worked for us.

Sept 14, 2016 15:07:35 GMT 1 pbot said:
One solution which might work: g+ link I think the MTP driver was broken in Win 10 a little while ago and manually selecting one of the portable device/MTP devices worked for us.

YEEES! Thanks Friend! It's working for me too!

Just posted a visual guide for this in the FAQs & Guides section for future reference. Basically, while pbot was posting I was writing the guide.

Sept 14, 2016 11:10:56 GMT 1 janek said:
Today when i connect my watch to PC nothing happened. In device manager i see MTP device with yellow trinangle warning. The diver information say problem in .inf services section. If i update it then say unknown device. I don't know it's depend from update or not. After update i used it without problem.

Hope you find the cure for the cause soon!!!
Sept 14, 2016 13:26:21 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
It seems to be catching, none of my devices connect using MTP. Windows has always had an issue with MTP, and a recent update on Win10 seems to have pretty much broke MTP completely. I'm still digging through drivers to find a work around.

Can’t connect X5 as a camera, can with the D6/S6   was able to get MTP driver for Z80 to work, had to reinstall it twice, so I guess I’m making progress.

A guide was posted a few days ago.

Sept 17, 2016 19:25:00 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
A guide was posted a few days ago.

It didn't work on my round watches however did work on my square watches 

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client&hl=cs

MyPhoneExplorer Client

Functional alternative - use - allows access to folders and copy files.
Connectivity - BT / Wifi.

This is the client which is needed for phone, you’ll need also the desktop-software which can be downloaded at www.fjsoft.at.

egee AvatarSept 18, 2016 8:16:02 GMT 1 egee said:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client&hl=cs

MyPhoneExplorer Client

Functional alternative - use - allows access to folders and copy files.
Connectivity - BT / Wifi.

This is the client which is needed for phone, you’ll need also the desktop-software which can be downloaded at www.fjsoft.at.

It doesn’t help me with updating firmware

MTP is for copying files to the watch, updating firmware is a completely different process that doesn’t use MTP.