Upgraded LemX firmware but lost Magisk Root after. Any fix?

Hi,

I finally updated the LemX firmware to 20181009, which did wipe and format my watch but it also lost rooting with Magisk. I tried to repeat the steps I did when I first rooted Magisk the LemX with the first and older firmware, but every time I install the Magisk-zip file in TWRP before installing/patching it up through “TWRP_patcher”, but after reboot the Magisk Manager app says it is “Not Installed”.

Root checker app also says the watch is not root supported, so I’m not sure what I am doing wrong that is different than last time when I rooted with Magisk on older LemX firmware. Did anyone run into this problem when they updated to the new LemX firmware?  

Any help towards getting root back will be much appreciated! Miss my root status.  Thank you.

• Once you flash TWRP and install TWRP_patcher.zip, Reboot and load the watch.
  • You need to boot into recovery using adb -> adb reboot recovery
  • Install the Magisk-zip using TWRP and reboot

Your phone should be rooted.

PS: i run 20181009 firmware and root works just fine

Thanks Karthikborkar!

The 2nd step to the 3rd step was crucial to getting root for LemX for me. I think last time I rooted it, I did that step but forgot to use the adb program and instead I got lazy and installed Magisk before TWRP patcher. It works now just like you mentioned.

Thanks a ton. I’m glad you were able to get your LemX working with some data. Sad to hear that LemX is blocked in India, I hope there is some way around it :/.

Nov 5, 2018 21:42:16 GMT 1 seyelive said:
Thanks Karthikborkar!

The 2nd step to the 3rd step was crucial to getting root for LemX for me. I think last time I rooted it, I did that step but forgot to use the adb program and instead I got lazy and installed Magisk before TWRP patcher. It works now just like you mentioned.

Thanks a ton. I’m glad you were able to get your LemX working with some data. Sad to hear that LemX is blocked in India, I hope there is some way around it :/.

Yes hopefully major service providers allow this watch in the future
For now happy using 3G from not so famous provider.
Glad root worked out for you

Just for reference, next time you can just flash TWRP, then TWRP_patcher and then Magisk without rebooting.

Your problem was that you were flashing TWRP_patcher AFTER Magisk, thus replacing the boot image which contained all the root data.