UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

Thanks Pablo!
I was able to download 1.6 and get the watch rolled back last night. Then one wifi update to 2.5.
Pretty easy actually… Just had to borrow a Windows computer :rofl:

Now that I’m on 2.5 I checked to see if 2.7 is available over wifi update. The watch says system is up to date. I guess 2.5 was last OTA update.

OK, cool, sounds like sticking to 2.5 is the best option for now. I only use normal Android mode, so this definitely makes sense.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try to 2.5 as far as I get home. Thanks for sharing

Yes thanks you sir! Waiting for your 2.5 to roll back

Looks great! Hope its much brighter than the stock one!

So as I understand, 2.7 version drain more battery on normal smartwatch mode?

Got 2.7 downloaded and Im thinking if is worth to try.

Also, maybe im repeating myself, but is there a way to control always time on brightness?

Regards,

Tomasz

There is no way to alter " always on time " brightness . Thanks

It’s funny I immediately thought the same about the always on time. Too dim. But now I actually like it. I started using it only in the evening and it’s actually better than expected. It’s so dim that at night it looks great and not annoying.

Day time I md rather save battery and check when I need. Imo

1 Like

To be fair, you’re right. The dom time at night looks just great, but still IMO id like to read the time anytime. I was practicing with brighten screen on wrist movement, but It dosent work very well…

Friends I received my Optmus Pro and already updated with the latest version (2.7), but the clock does not connect via bluetooth on my phone. The phone and the watch are paired, but do not maintain the connection. The installed WiiWatch 2 cannot connect the clock.
I have a Zeblaze Thor, and the connection works with my phone and WiiWatch2 without problems. My phone is a Moto Z2 Play with android 7.
Any friends would have version 2.5 to download so I can test?

You could try watchdroid instead of wiiwatch. There’s a thread about it here in the forum.

3 Likes

You must remove WiiWatch app from your phone because it will only use the C8 BT chip and only works in long standby mode.

Watch Droid will work fine as long as you remove WiiWatch app from your phone first.

1 Like

2.5 seems to be the way to go. Roll down to 1.6 and then wifi update up to 2.5.
I have experienced so much better on 2.5. I went about a week on 2.7.

1 Like

I think you just answered a recent query of mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

my friend could you please make version 2.5 available?

1 Like

Yes, I have to upload it to storage now.
Should be ready by tomorrow. I will link it here as soon as it’s done.
Unfortunately my upload speed is capped at 600kbs :cry:
The other news is that I have version 2.6 as well now.
I think it does not get as warm as version 2.7.
A lot of this is difficult to judge because people are having different experience with these firmware versions.
I can only speculate as to the reason for this. Personally I believe it is a mixture of using the same parts, but from various manufacturers and possibly assembly line issues.

3 Likes

Can you upload firmwares for kospet optimus 2+16g varients too?

1 Like

new hope !! :slight_smile: wait with patience …

I have updated to 2.7 and made 2x factory resets on the watch and got no problems with getting warmer then like on lower firmware.

2 Likes

that’s nice.
However, me and a couple of other users reported the overheating issue with 2.7. I guess you’re one of the lucky ones.
I have no idea why this happens. Same software should work equally good/bad on same hardware.
Our watches may pack different parts.

Yes, that is what I was thinking as well.
I can’t see any other explanation.