*-UPDATED-* Patek Philippe 5930 World Time GMT *-UPDATED-*

Moved in proper section

Really like this CF. How does the 24hr ring work? It shows the same time as the hands on my watch.

Hi rsk01, the ring should be installed according to the time of day you are in. Simply put, if you open up the file with clockskinmaker and you look in the right column you will see 2 entries for 24hr ring. One is a filler layer the other is labeled “patekworlddialmoon”. Here’s how it works. If you double click on the “rotate_24hrs” it will take you inside the file. there you will find 2 rings one is named “patekworlddialmoon” the other is named “patekworlddialsun” if it is daytime where you are simply click on the “sun” ring after double clicking on the “rotate_24hrs” layer. If it is night time use the “moon” ring. Once you choose the correct ring in accordance with the time of day it should correct itself and show you the hour of the day at the very top of the watch. At noon the sun icon will be at the top dead center of the watch. At midnight you should see the moon icon at top dead center. Give it a try and see if that helps you out. Please let me know if it is working for you. At 1:00 in the afternoon it should read 13 on the ring at the top dead center position. Keep me posted.

Sept 22, 2016 14:43:04 GMT 1 wolfdaddy said:
Hi rsk01, the ring should be installed according to the time of day you are in. Simply put, if you open up the file with clockskinmaker and you look in the right column you will see 2 entries for 24hr ring. One is a filler layer the other is labeled "patekworlddialmoon". Here's how it works. If you double click on the "rotate_24hrs" it will take you inside the file. there you will find 2 rings one is named "patekworlddialmoon" the other is named "patekworlddialsun" if it is daytime where you are simply click on the "sun" ring after double clicking on the "rotate_24hrs" layer. If it is night time use the "moon" ring. Once you choose the correct ring in accordance with the time of day it should correct itself and show you the hour of the day at the very top of the watch. At noon the sun icon will be at the top dead center of the watch. At midnight you should see the moon icon at top dead center. Give it a try and see if that helps you out. Please let me know if it is working for you. At 1:00 in the afternoon it should read 13 on the ring at the top dead center position. Keep me posted.

Hi there…

The sun and moon ring work ok… but the outer layer that indicate the other world time(countries). It doesn’t seemed to indicate the right time. Does the countries rings move too?

There is a completed version on the round forum that I just saw its pretty nice. 

Yea… I just replaced it with the one provided in G+… Now it’s all good.

Heya Wolfdaddy - didn’t see you were working on the Patek too, completed it on the G+…
I suggest you read the watchface engine documentation on /thread/60/watch-face-engine-documentation

-> that helped me solve the issue.
If you set the rotate index to 7 you get the 24h rotation. So you don’t have to change the face every 12 hours.
The outer ring stands fixed bc. you can then read the time at the other cities. just set the outer ring to your own time zone and you are done.
Working on the moonphase one - Patek Philippe World Time 175th Anniversary Limited Edition 5575G-001 at the moment but I do nearly everything from scratch here as the image is not 100% centered and I take the approach of using the technique learned to create something of my own. And this is gonna take some time, too much work right now

Have fun

Yeah, in my original post I had mentioned it was geared more toward dial makers. If you actually look in my file I have the world cities ring separated so this could be done on an individual basis. Wasn’t really prepared to make each one. Rotating each one copy paste rotate. Ughh. Nice work though. I was originally experimenting with a different style of dial that actually had the cities rotate instead of the number ring but it was hard to read. I actually just made the day and night ring as two different images. Just install the moon or sun ring and it stays fixed, when you set it as rotate 24hrs. (and counter)This way if you travel to another city you can swap out that ring to correspond with the country you might be in.(day vs night) Most people like to have a completed package without having to change or mod anything on their own I get that, so it was good of you to make all those. Looks really good, actually going to install the Bangkok one you made on mine.

Take care, let me know how it goes on the moon phase, I tried one but the month rotation was weird.

Heya, the moon/sun ring fixed is something I don’t really like because you can’t see on the first look if its day or night in the city you wanna call

Thats why I used this approach…
If I check my watch here (8pm CEST) I see on one glance that its 2am (and NIGHT) in Bangkok so I’m not gonna call there to wake up an angry colleague… This way the only thing you will have to change is the outer (cities) ring to match your time zone (as I think you will change your watch to local time when you go abroad) so everything will work as intended.
Rotating the cities ring should also work out well and be quite readable - hint if you do this in photoshop: DON’T WRITE AND ROTATE THE WHOLE RING AND REPEAT… Because the graphics software will then recalculate EVERY name you have already written and it gets worse and worse… Write in the center, rotate the text layer and when every text layer (24 of them) is done THEN flatten the image to make a graphic out of it. This way you won’t loose quality during every step. A little more effort but hell of a lot more image quality (in the low resolution we have to work…)
For the moon rotation I gonna take a digital effort, not actually rotating it but instead using the moon phase array to just display the graphics (like in my old Anomaly Style watch - you can check out what I mean here: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5nV8QoRHlhKSVJOMkI0ZW94Um8) So there is no chance its gonna look weird

Hope that helps

Yeah after my last post it dawned on me what you were trying to explain. I’ll admit it took me a minute. I use Corel for the scratch built stuff. It’s still difficult for me to wrap my head around it sometimes. I appreciate you helping to explain it to me a bit though so thank you. Yes I will be really interested to see the moon phase tweek. Let me know when you have a sample, I’d love to see it.