Unsupoted DW89 watch faces

They are both Android 8.1.
They both have cut down settings app.
However, two different types of settings app.
I only bothered to try the X8 Ultra.
To be honest, don’t worry about it.
It doesn’t make any difference if adb is working or not. It’s not worth worrying about it because they are all equally bad.

3 Likes

The guys from DT No.1 are supposedly gonna send me a unit of the Android watch they’re gonna launch, which is identycal to these ones. If they do, I’ll install Universal Launcher and will start to make watchfaces for it. If any of you who has these watches wanna help me to test the watchfaces on them to check if they work correctly, you are more than welcome!

I can confirm that UL will work (partical) on these Watches. Hartrate an some other Araytypes doesn’t work.

@G1NT0N1C well, i think i never used the heartrate in watchfaces but you know i usually use the date info, the weather and temp, the battery info… and others. Do you know which other ones doesn’t work? Anyeays, when I receive the watch, i’ll test which ones works and which ones doesn’t

I also only tested it with simple dials. All the ones I tested worked. I suspect that steps may not work either because a sensor value also needs to be accessed.

The DT watch will have the usual clockskin format launcher as far as I know.
This model is not the same as all the other models which look like this.
We don’t have samples yet, so we can’t really confirm a lot of detail.
However, we understand that there is no USB connection access and it is 2gb ram + 16gb storage.
With the clockskin folder as usual.

Like you, we will have to wait and see.
This is why we haven’t formally announced anything about it yet. It is very different from the usual Android watch.

We will see what happens and keep people updated.
We didn’t want people to rush out and order it before we can advise them if it would be something they would really want.

Cheers

1 Like

Yes, that’s the same I’ve heard. No USB connection between the PC and the watch (I transfer my watchfaces through FTP, anyways). Also, It’ll not have SIM card slot (I consider this a mistake).

If the launcher uses the ClockSkin format in the way we know it, it’s definitely a good news.

And about the RAM and storage, yes, that’s what I’ve read about it.

1 Like

Yep, these missing features are a concern and need to be confirmed. :+1:

It’s a little bit confusing. I was thinkig he’s talking about the DW89 watches…
This thread is about DW89.

Just confirming that the first model from DT will NOT have a Sim card slot.
A model is coming that will, but it’s going to be a little bit later than the first one.
As I have always said, don’t believe what they say on the Web. It can be misleading or just plain wrong.
Even the official brand site can be misleading.
So, I spoke to our partners in China and they confirmed.

Exactly. The reason why I said it will not include SIM slot card is because the guy from DT No.1 I was talking with, told me that it will not have SIM support. So, as this info about not support for SIM card came “directly from them”, I considered it true.

@pablo11 So… The DT Ultra 2 is that model called “S06”?

There’s something that I have a bad feeling about… and it’s the fact that DT No.1 says on their web the watch will work with WearPro app. This is the same app they use with their bluetooth watches, and creating watchfaces for them is a nightmare: They say they’ll not share the app to create them, they don’t even share the format, and they only tell the creators to “send us the images and if the majority of the users likes it, we’ll add it to the WearPro app”. I hope they’ll not do the same for this Android watch. And if they do… well, Universal Launcher will be the solution :smiley:

I will confirm the clockskin format because it is extremely important.
I can confirm that the R&D team says the inclusion of the A17 BT chip supports Bluetooth calling (on Android :thinking: ). By looking at the firmware this could be correct as it is a highly custom closed source design.
Lack of USB indicates that the ONLY way to charge is by 5w wireless charging.
I suspect that this is why there is no 4G capability (sim card), due to the heat generated by the charging coil in such a small environment. This also means it will take quite some time to charge it…
However, again, I am reluctant to speculate until we receive one.

1 Like

@Kyrnath
I can confirm that these are using the clockskin format for the faces.

1 Like

See my post above :+1:

Seeing this post I think, the golden age of FAWs is almost extinct…

With my Lemp still working perfectly I feel myself a lucky guy of a few around there with some decent FA watch.

And I REALLY think this kind of watches, by keeping a serious factory quality control will be light years better than any Apple, Samsung or whatever watch of them.

Nope - not yet.
Market needs to re-initialise for brands to gain confidence.
Problem is the market being flooded with extremely cheap, extremely bad devices.
So people become scared to pay a little more for something better.

Once a decent device is established and confidence rises - they will be back on track.
A couple of new - supportable devices are coming soon.
Let’s hope it works out.

1 Like

Thanks for giving me some hope at respect.
I feel Rockefeller making calls directly from watch while running, or listening some music, or watching some youtube video, while others watches like samsung or whatever are just starting to give the general public as a ‘next-step-gen’ some of the oldest FAWS features like the calls directly from watch…

Yeah, sadly they are using e-sim which is very tricky if you don’t purchase the product from your cell contract provider…

E-sim would be awesome in the FAW watches - but only if a way to program them was available.

1 Like

That about e-sim is similar on the tic watch pro 3 LTE, isn’t it?