Unstable bt connection

Hi,

Just got my watch and I am having problems with bt stability.
I have flashed the newest rom 1.6.

Using watchdroid for notifications.

So the problem is that bt seems to be going on and off on the watch with only watchdroid using the connection.
It looses connection and reconnects several times in a minute.

If I activate bt-call function or internet through bt it stabilizes the connection.
But if i use the bt-call the watch displays its own notifications instead of watchdroid.

It is like bt function goes on standby with only watchdroid using it.

Also watchdroid does not stay in notifications when active like it did on my old GW10?  

Oct 26, 2018 12:51:50 GMT 1 metalhead said:
Hi,

Just got my watch and I am having problems with bt stability.
I have flashed the newest rom 1.6.

Using watchdroid for notifications.

So the problem is that bt seems to be going on and off on the watch with only watchdroid using the connection.
It looses connection and reconnects several times in a minute.

If I activate bt-call function or internet through bt it stabilizes the connection.
But if i use the bt-call the watch displays its own notifications instead of watchdroid.

It is like bt function goes on standby with only watchdroid using it.

Also watchdroid does not stay in notifications when active like it did on my old GW10?  

It is well documented in numerous posts to this forum that watches that have the BT call option do not work well with Watch Droid(WD). You get constant connects and disconnects and there is no known fix to correct the problem, supposedly it is a BT configuration problem. Some have suggested if you turn on wi-fi sometimes it will help stabilize WD but that is going to greatly reduce your battery life running wi-fi all the time.

you can't use 2 BT apps in one device.

Oct 27, 2018 5:46:38 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

you can’t use 2 BT apps in one device.

Works fine to have both bt calls and watchdroid at the same time.
Or did you mean the notifications?

The watch always asks notification access when I start it. So if I don’t tick the watch I only get watchdroid notifications.

Anyway to get watchdroid to show in the notification when active, it’s handy to have a shortcut to the app.

metalhead

what do you mean get notifications from both apps? the BT calls only bring the calls from the phone via the watch that’s it, do you mean wiiwatch app?

Yes I think it was when I allowed notification access to watch that it interrupted watchdroids notifications.
Now I have bt calls on and watchdroid notifications work.

I started with Watch Droid today and it works ok. However my BT keeps dropping every 3 mins or so, does the formware flash fix this?
Sorry to hijack your post

cra1g

if you are using other bt apps or wiiwatch that can cost this issue.

the only things on the watch are Watch Droid Assistant and its built in BT calling which I don’t want to use and have no idea how to disable.
Any ideas?

Nov 14, 2018 8:53:00 GMT 1 cra1g said:
the only things on the watch are Watch Droid Assistant and its built in BT calling which I don't want to use and have no idea how to disable. Any ideas?

that means you should'nt have bt issues, is the watch droid up to date?

After an overnight charge I got uninterrupted connection all day today.

9 hours at work with BT and notifications, brightness on 100% and only down to 76% battery.

Much happier now

As a test, try turning on the wifi antenna, even if it’s not connected to anything. I leave it on all the time and have almost no dropped connections, only when I walk too far away from my phone. Impact on battery life is very minimal, as I get over 24 hours of on time.