Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Hello guys! My Optimus 2 just arrived and i wonder if i can use the UL with this watch and with this android version or i will brick it. Can anyone help me?

Hi . Yes you can use UL with this watch .

1 Like

Does it also work with the light mode?

No idea . Why not try it :+1:

1 Like

By any chance could you add and option to check the weather less frequently or to turn it off? The frequent hanging while updating the weather is really getting annoying. Thanks.

Iā€™ve recently been having issues With having not great service and having the clock skin freeze up and wonā€™t load anything when it does the auto check for weather when loading the clock skin. I end up having to use the stock launcher till I get better service

Yes it happens on Android 10 devices, I have not found why yet.

2 Likes

If we can get a logcat of when the issue happens - we will have a better chance of being able to fix it.

Crash logs

Hi everybody

While using UL I noticed that sometimes itā€™s been killed by the system although it was unmarked in battery saver and battery optimization settings. I checked again and too my amazement it was marked in battery saver! I noticed that every time I unmark it, it would go back marked againā€¦ Even after reboot. Anybody knows what could be a reason of this weird behavior? Thanks in advance

Kospet Optimus Pro

You need to untag also the preferences application.

3 Likes

Huh, as simple as that! Thank you :grin: And thanx for the great launcher :handshake:

2 Likes

Seems to happen on A7 as well. Maybe the increased frequency of weather checks just makes it more noticeable now.

@Eric_Crochemore Iā€™m unable to run 3.5.3 on S10pro (LEM14) with the 1.3 International Firmware. Iā€™m not sure exactly where the issue lies, but it was fine until 1.3. Iā€™ve posted over there too, but in case there is something going on from the Universal Launcher side, hereā€™s the adb logs of the crash for review.

And although the log claims there was a trace written to /storage/emulated/0/WatchClockSkin_crash.trace, alas, this is not true.

Fortunately, Iā€™ve got 2 of these guys so I ran in to this on my backup watch (I switch them when I need to wipe) so Iā€™m still up and running fine on my current primary device with 1.2 firmware

@none this sounds like permissions to me ā€¦What do you think?

1 Like

Additional info: Just to be sure, I wiped again and did nothing else except install Universal Launcher; it still crashed. I also decided to try going in to the ā€œSettingsā€ icon it adds to the menu. From there, I tried to select the clock skin, but NOTHING happened. Nothing even gets logged to the adb logs except some audio related stuff for the ā€œclickā€ sound. It simply does nothing. Doesnā€™t bring up the skin selection, and no crash.

I can also add to this i canā€™t get it to work on 1.3 butt it worked fine on 1.2

Only thing is now is to decide to go back to 1.2 or just wait

Hi Eric

Sorry if this is out of scope but I wondered if you are planning an making UL compatible with the new firmware ?

Eric and @none and I need to talk about this problem.
But ultimately, yes we intend to make it work properly.
It may not be a problem with the launcher, we will be looking into it

2 Likes

Iā€™m using UL on last faw fw and it works fine. I still think that itā€™s an authorization or battery saver issue.

3 Likes