Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Yep, permissions :grin:

I’m not a super techy guy, but understand enough (I think). I’ve got a Prime2. FAW VER 1.2 and WatchClockSkin UL VER 3.5.2, The launcher freezes up quite often, many times a day… Then I get the ‘close app, wait’ screen. Neither really resolve problem and within minutes it happens again. Clockskin is chosen as ‘default home app’. I have unistalled and done complete factory reset 3 times. Each time I have checked the permissions for battery optimization and home app default along with regular slew of permission requests. No change in results. When it eventually asks me to select default home app it shows HOME and Clockskin. I am pretty sure I removed the original WIIWEAR app files but some still show (see pics). I cannot remove HOME even when I have Clockskin set as default home app. I am in fringe T Mobile service area and most of the time I’m on home wifi or Hotspot to my Note 20 with ATT service, although crash still happens when I have 2 bars T Mobile while in town. I love Clocksin UL interfaces and icons and do not want to go back to standard. Here are some photos and crash log. I have a complete copy of Prime 2 on my laptop hard drive in case it really goes bad, not that would really help, but better to be safe. Is this the same issue as post #844 on Aug 15, 11:01 AM?

Can y’all help me please?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbmhnvektxyeujx/watchclockskin_crash.txt?dl=0

This is a known Android 9 bug, strangely it should have been fixed in A10. I can look for a workaround. I’m not having the issue with the FAW 1.0. Maybe i’m lucky.

@Eric_Crochemore
May be because the version of 1.2 being used could be a victim of the confusing firmware threads…

There was a stable v1.2 and an unstable v1.2.
If this was installed recently (last 2 weeks) it is probably the bad v1.2.

@Bil_Forslund I would suggest that stock is flashed and UL tested again and see what happens.

1 Like

Eric, can you refer me to a post or how to flash to stock please.

Thanks so much!!

This has been happening to me for EVERY FAW firmware since 1.0. It crashes (while asleep even), and then Android forgets who the home app is, though not every time. Sometimes even reverting to the FAW launcher on it’s own. Or it just hangs for while after waking before crashing. I thought this was a known issue though regarding crashes if there is a problem getting weather updates.

New version of UL 3.6 published : it solves the “Not responding” issue.

9 Likes

Hello, I have a zeblaze thor pro 3g, I had not used it for a while, now I have a small problem of a constant notification, only on the clock screen (and only with Universal Launcher), the notification says “bad response” , but I don’t know what it refers to…
Everything works, but in addition to being annoying, it makes the battery drain faster…
What could I do?
Sorry if I don’t write very well, but I use the translator

It relates to the weather not working. You have an old version of UL. Just update to the 3.6

4 Likes

Thanks, I could not do the update, I uninstalled the old version and installed the 3.6, everything perfect!

1 Like

Hi Eric,

I hope you can help me on this one, I am trying to put an Tap action in a .watch face, so I can take it to a 3rd party app on the watch, but the code I am using is not working
E.g.
wm_action(‘m_app:Heart rate monitor’com.cenon.heartrate’com.cenon.heartrate.HeartRateMonitorActivity’)
or
wm_action(‘m_app:Amazon Alexa’com.amazon.dee.app’com.amazon.dee.app.Launcher’)

Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work in UL for .watch faces.

All your help would be great, again Please keep up all the good work you are doing. I love this Launcher to bits.

Best regards

just try to replace m_app with w_app and it should work

1 Like

Hi Eric,

Thanks again, for your very fast reply, as normal, but I am not getting it working, not sure why, but many thanks for your help anyway.

Just trying to make is easier for my wife, who only has 10% sight, on making her a new watch face, I have made everything bigger and tried to do tap actions for normal apps, so she not messing about, looking for them, in menus (she new to all this, then again so am I, lol)

Could something be turned off?

Best regards

Hang on just got the Heart rate working.

Leave it with me I will try some more

Again Thanks for all you help

Best regards

2 Likes

Hi, I think it should be possible to enable or disable the option to add widgets. Also, you should include where the stopwatch and calculator are as a widget. I think so xD.
The watch face looks black:

It is good to see that they are still working to correct errors. LIKE.

1 Like

both faces contains unsupported features. Chart is not supported and probably will never be.

Well, I will have to go back to the version that worked.
thank :slight_smile: .

This version will show them, but without charts

5 Likes

Hello, I’m really enjoying the universal launcher, but the watchfaces don’t show calories or steps, as shown in the attached images. My smartwatch normally works with these options, but when I activate the universal launcher, the calorie counter and pedometer stop working. Would anyone know how to solve this problem?

The model is Zikeex V20 Max: