Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Well doesn’t work on the Kospet P2. The Google Voice Search isn’t on the watch and I searched on the Play store and can’t find it.

1 Like

Google voice search is part of the Google app.

If you hit the G and the search comes up, then on that screen hit the mic and it works then the voice search function is working in the Google app. And it’s a issue with U L if you hit the mic button and it doesn’t turn on. It’s a issue with settings on your Google app.

Google Voice search also needs to be enabled in the virtual keyboard settings.

Under Language in watch settings.
Also, in Android 10 you need Google assistant and enable the voice assist in accessibility settings.
Which normally happens when you install Google Assistant - it asks for the permission.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the google assistant does not support the Hungarian language, but the voice search works without the assistant.

2 Likes

That’s cool and unexpected :+1:

No big deal but I did everything asked and it still is not working. However, I could not find “Accessibility Settings”. And when I go to Apps and click on “Assistant” it shows “No Permissions Requested”. I’ll try reinstalling Google Assistant and see if that works and report back.

For accessibility settings you need to install the “Setting search” application, you can find it on the site with a search

I found it and downloaded it. Under “Accessibility” there was nothing in there with “Voice Assist”. It showed 2 other downloaded apps but nothing else. I also reinstalled Google Assistant but it didn’t ask for any permissions. Oh well…no biggie. Thanks for trying to help.

Could you provide a link please?

I always read about this app and can’t find it :triumph:

5 Likes

You can also ask Google to ’ open accessibility’ but I guess if assistant isn’t working that might not be an option :man_facepalming:t3:

If Assistant does not ask for permission when you install then there is a problem.
In Android 10 on the Prime 2 - it asks you to grant the permission in this way.

For it all to work correctly you should check you have the latest Google Services app installed. You can use the Play Services Helper app or go to Apps in settings and click on the Installed from play store in the app details.
Have the latest main Google app installed.
Enable Google voice typing under language / keyboards.
Install Google Assistant.

These are the best steps for Android 10 watches.

Help Play Services Error_v1.3.7_apkpure.com.apk (2.9 MB)

1 Like

I tried everything you listed. Rebooted, made sure all apps were installed and updated. Still tapping on the Big Microphone under the Home screen does nothing. Also, in the Google Assistant App info it still says “No Permissions requested” and it is grayed out. Google Assistant itself works fine, I just can’t get to it from the UL’s Big Microphone icon.

1 Like

You are right, me too

1 Like

Dear Eric,
Very very thanks for your hard work for this nice and beautiful launcher.I installed this launcher today in my KOSPET PRIME SE Watch after downloading from playstore.At the first step of installation itself I opted for opening this launcher always.Also I opted for always display on .And I chose the existing third party clockskin namely ‘Audi RS 2.0 Red’.Everything in this watchface works smoothly such as phone,camera,contact etc except one thing.It is the Seconds Needle.It rotates in the Anticlockwise direction.How this can be corrected?Also one thing more whenever a message comes,the watch remains in the message screen.It doesn’t return to the Clockskin after a while.How this can also be achieved?
And lastly, whether the battery consumption will be considerably higher if Always On Display is selected?
I intend to give you a donation through paypal on finding solutions to the above questions.
Once again thanking you…

This morning I reset manually the steps count on my Prime 2 running UL. (It doesn’t reset itself…)

After a few hours working outside I got this :

The debug variable SysInc shows one big jump of 23086 steps at one time of the system steps count!

And the “fixed” steps count of 86 steps, ignoring the aberrant jump is not even correct, it should be something like 2 to 3 thousands steps.

As I never got an answer about this behavior I suppose it’s linked to the Prime 2 Firmware. (The Prime seems untouched by this bug)
But it is really weird and I don’t think it happens if you run the system launcher (Not 100% sure though).

Even weirder after quitting UL and rebooting I got this :

The steps count is the right one, 2052 steps!

I’ll check the behavior without UL for a day or two…

1 Like

about the skin compatibility : some skins are done for specific launcher so on UL it can work differently.
When in AOD mode, yes the notification screen doesn’t go back automatically on the skin display. That’s an issue i’ve not worked on. As you know AOD is not recommended : it burns screens and also eat the battery quickly.

Step counter (and other things) is so weird on KP2 that i’ve no idea how to solve this. I’m waiting from some KP2 FW update to check if things get better…

Yes, I though it was that…

Here is the code that works for StepCounts in the skin I showed in my last post (Not WM LUA code obviously…)

And here is the faulty {ssc} steps counter variable in Lua :

Couldn’t you access what the Arraytype code for StepCounts takes and bypass the {ssc} variable with that in UL as a temporary fix?

BTW, With the kind of watchface that works with those Arraytype thing I never succeeded in getting the heart rate work!

Thank you Eric for the immediate reply.Accordingly I am disabling AOD.Can I correct the Anticlockwise movement of the Seconds Needle?
Also the version of UL I got from Playstore is 3.2.2.So I intend to download the latest version from this thread and install in my Kospet Prime SE afresh.For this I went to the UL Settings and clicked on ‘Uninstall this apk’.In the next page I can see the “Cancel” option only.The “Confirmation” box is on the extreme bottom right.I can’t access it in the Round screen and in the Square Screen.How can I access the “Confirmation” box? Please advise.
Waiting with Thanks Again…