Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Please note that you can disable my wrist gesture and keep using the stock launcher one which is maybe less sensitive.

2 Likes

I think Eric’s Universal Launcher is perfect then stock launcher because stock launcher does not wake the screen, though I raise my hand multiple time , ultimately I have to press button . It’s quite annoying. While UL. uses batt. 10 to 15 points if I use for whole day on 10 sec. delay. So for me I am happy with UL.
Thanks Eric.

Hi, Eric.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I am a user of Rollme S08.
It’s stock launcher is almost the same behavior as UL (wake when flat).
I think sleeping is rather correct when the watch is flat.
So I’m looking forward to you.
Because you and UL can change the convenience more fit with real life!! :slight_smile:

p.s.

I tried apps like " Gravity Screen - On/Off" or " Raise to Wake Ultimate" or " Pick to Wake Screen On" or " Raise To Wake", but all of these are not perfect to use with smart watch…

I think you can discuss that here : Custom Kernel for MT6739 Smartwatches
Doing that at kernel level is much more efficient.

Oh, I understood that stock launcher and UL are using tilt detection feature in kernel.
But I think it is great if UL implements another option to access accelerometer sensor directly to watch 3-axis position and then enable custom behavior!

Dear Eric: Thank you so much for your effort, let me tell you that I have had problems with version 3.2.3 due to my watch (Dm99) it reboots and show one that notification “Bad response”, can you help me with that?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ramón Lozano

First try 3.4 version of the first post. The bad response is a message from the weather part, on newer version it should not happen anymore.

2 Likes

Thanks Eric, I am new in this fórum, please can you show me home can I download this software?.
Thanks in advance
Ramón Lozano

You’ll find it at the beginning of this post.

Why this, 3 times in a row…

Each time click the universal launcher and Always, so it shouldn’t ask next time.

Prime 2, Android 10. Using v.3.2.2 from Google Play. I see there is a v3.4 here, would that help ?

I have 3.4 but it does the same thing on my Prime 2

1 Like

I haven’t tried android 10 yet, but if it works the same way like on the 7.1 watches you should press only “alltid” and not the name of the launcher when it shows for the second time

But I also show the picture from settings, where is is also set as start app, so it should never ask at all !? I will try only to press always next time.

I’m not sure ul can run on Android 10, you may wait until I can test it on an Android 10 watch. I can try to publish a beta version, but not tested…

3 Likes

Well, it runs quite good :grin:
Only it seems more difficult to find correct settings, to keep it from being killed now and then.
One detail that puzzles me: on Android 7 we needed to protect 2 apps, watch Clockskin and a settings app, but I can’t find the settings app in the list of apps to spare from battery optimization…

I may have solved the kill issue: I found the old style background cleaner and in there were both the watch Clockskin and the settings app.

1 Like

The ‘Optimization’ app. I have that disabled entirely but it doesn’t help me.

It actually seems to have helped me.

Edit: mostly… I do still see the “select launcher” dialogue 5-10 times pr day, but the frequency has drastically decreased since removal from the background cleaner.

Here is a beta version without being tested on Android 10 watch :

5 Likes

Thanks! This fixes at least one thing - one widget that wouldn’t initialize properly now does. Crashes may be reduced but aren’t eliminated. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, changing every setting I can think of one at a time, but I haven’t been able to discern a pattern to the crashes yet.