Universal Launcher New Generation [2.3 and above]

I tried round and square for 20 times or more, while in the UL settings screen to no avail. Now when you said it again, I was in an other app when I changed to round, and then when I returned to the watchface, it worked…
Very strange… - But THANKS :slight_smile:

13 posts were split to a new topic: Bluetooth connect/disconnect

Turkish language support

On my Prime I get the some similar alignment issues whenever I need to switch to square mode to fit something in the screen. I think the issue might be fixed or at least better if the clock face, UL interface/settings and Application list (circular) sizings are not changed when screen is set to square screen - this is how I think the stock launcher works.

After some testing I found the following when watch reboots while Round screen set:
When in UL interface /settings screens after swipe down (power / Bluetooth-Wifi icons / Settings )
Switching to square screen now all above screens are centered but change to about 80%-90% of the screen (probably square mode)
Changing back to round while in the above screens - all (UL interface and clock and app list) are correctly aligned and sized

When on clock and switching to square screen:
Clock skin seems correctly sized but misaligned immediately to between 10% - 15% to the top right
UL interface and all screens are about 80% to 90% of watch screen with a piece of clock showing whether I swipe up/down/left/right
Changing back to round screen while on any screen returns alignment/size everywhere back to normal

I found the following when watch reboots with Square screen set:
All screens are centered and 80% - 90% of watch screen (probably square mode)
Applications that are opened are (correctly) in square screen mode

Changing back to round screen while on any screen returns alignment/size of messages/UL interface and UL Google widget back to centered and full screen. Clock skin is about 80% of screen and towards bottom left of screen. Application list (circular) is also about 80% and towards top left

To fix set or leave screen setting to round and have to reboot

If DPI Override is set and square screen is set:
Clock skin seems correctly sized but misaligned immediately to between 10% - 20% to the top right
UL interface and all screens are about 80% to 90% of watch screen with a piece of clock showing whether I swipe up/down/left/right
Opening Google and exiting changed clock skin and Applications list (circular) to centered but about 80% of screen size
or
Changing back to round screen while on any screen returns alignment/size everywhere back to normal, except clock skin is 80% sized and to the left-bottom of screen and Applications list (circular) is also 80% and aligned towards top-left.

Restarting ULNG does not fix scaling or alignment.
Make sure watch is in round screen mode and reboot to fix.

Some ideas:
Option to disable square screen sizing and alignment of clock skin, UL interface and Application list
A way to quickly switch square/round mode from anywhere could also help
Possibly a list on which applications can be set to automatically change the screen to square or round when opened?
Possibly a setting to automatically disable square mode/switch to round mode when exiting an application
Detecting when a screen is misaligned (out of screen by a percentage) and correcting the sizing and alignment automatically

1 Like

Is there any way to have the UL stopwatch stick to the screensaver, so that this is shown when the arm is turned, instead of the watchface ?
Or do I need a stopwatch/timer watchface to achieve this ?

For the moment, UL will go back the watchface, this is the behavior. You can use an external app or a watchface to achieve this.

2 Likes

Here is the ressource file, you can translate and give it back. For example :
<string name="location_main">translation here</string>
You also need to give me the langage code used by android. Probably for Turkish it’s : “tr”
strings.xml (7.8 KB)

Any suggestion about this widget bug? Today i had the same situation.

No. If all permissions are correctly granted this should not happen.

1 Like

All permission looks ok. For experiment i turned on “Google widget”. And its work always correct even if other widget didnt loaded correct :frowning:

I installed launcher from play store.
Black screen… Can’t swipe for anything…

Kospet prime se

What happens after reboot

1 Like

I’ve never seen this… And after a watch reboot ?

2 Likes

Phew… It works…

I was trying to swipe from the edges… (like in the stock launcher) But that didn’t work…

Swiping from near the centre… Works… :+1:t2:

But the faces are
A: small when in “Square screen mode”
Or
B : Down partially off the screen?

See pics

Works OK… Found the dpi override settings…

Another question… The icons when you swipe to the left…
Can they be changed?

Yes. Just download an Icon pack from the playstore. I’m using Rondo Icon pack, for example. It works fine.
You don’t have to change the DPI. If you press and hold the face there is a slider to change the scale value.

1 Like

Yes square mode is not supported well. Use round mode and reboot the watch.

2 Likes

Thanks guys

New topic here :

4 Likes