TWRP recovery for IQI I4

Jan 30, 2018 23:56:26 GMT 1 Adios said:

Jan 30, 2018 18:55:11 GMT 1 pix106 said:
if i may, and if i understood it well, publishing the source is mandatory to comply to GPLv3, which is the license used by TWRP.

That's right, but beside the theme (which seems customized) the core function will be pretty much identical with the BoardConfig i posted. For TWRP only, there are no extensive device configurations needed.

Everything that is more advanced will necessary require the kernel source, but no (small) chinese company will ever provide those, as even big companies like Xiaomi struggle to comply.

Thanks for answering… but it doesn’t change my original question, from my very first post here

There are also partition sizes in the BoardConfig, to be sure the built recovery fits partition at build time, some init scripts that can be modified ones or directly taken from stock bootimage…
I know I can do it by myself using a few tools and time, I already did for some other devices which did not have any started project, but the purpose open source is sharing, so other projects can start from a previous one. GPL is there to ensure it.

That’s why I’m asking Ciro Danise, so he can tell what info he has, as he has most probably already worked on this smartwatch.

Jan 31, 2018 8:41:39 GMT 1 pix106 said:
but the purpose open source is sharing, so other projects can start from a previous one. GPL is there to ensure it.
That’s why I’m asking Ciro Danise

, so he can tell what info he has, as he has most probably already worked on this smartwatch.

That is all true, but the problem i’m seeing here is:

Jan 29, 2018 21:54:24 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Ciro is not available and won't be for some time.

It's more or less the same thing as asking the chinese for the GPL source, you won't get the answer you are hoping for.
Jan 31, 2018 18:12:24 GMT 1 Adios said:

Jan 31, 2018 8:41:39 GMT 1 pix106 said:
but the purpose open source is sharing, so other projects can start from a previous one. GPL is there to ensure it.
That’s why I’m asking Ciro Danise

, so he can tell what info he has, as he has most probably already worked on this smartwatch.

That is all true, but the problem i’m seeing here is:

Jan 29, 2018 21:54:24 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Ciro is not available and won't be for some time.

It's more or less the same thing as asking the chinese for the GPL source, you won't get the answer you are hoping for.

I did not notice this last sentence about Ciro. My bad i did not read carefully enough the 2 consecutive posts. Thanks for beeing a better reader than me

I just received the watch, it’s charging…

OT edit : i got a november firmware, AQR-LAUNCH-i4Pro-1602-Fitness-HEHUI-NHT-V01-20171121, but when checking for OTA i get “product is not exist”.
End of OT as we’re sliding away from TWRP

Touch screen did not work with this recovery on my I4Pro HEHUI.
I have built TWRP 3.2.1 for it, it works fine so far, needs some testing and theming.

Feb 7, 2018 11:38:22 GMT 1 pix106 said:
Touch screen did not work with this recovery on my I4Pro HEHUI.
I have built TWRP 3.2.1 for it, it works fine so far, needs some testing and theming.

Good work.
We also have TWRP for the regular screen.
Great to see you are getting results though. :+1::+1:

Feb 7, 2018 11:38:22 GMT 1 pix106 said:
Touch screen did not work with this recovery on my I4Pro HEHUI. I have built TWRP 3.2.1 for it, it works fine so far, needs some testing and theming.

Good work. We also have TWRP for the regular screen. Great to see you are getting results though. 👍👍
Hi ! I have not made my TWRP 3.2.1 build public yet, because I still have one issue : when restoring a backup, a command has to be input so TWRP can overwrite swap file (chattr -i /data/2ndswap). For now I do not have much time to spend on this, but I will when I can. If I find a proper way of handling this, i'll release it.

Mar 14, 2018 21:34:52 GMT 1 pix106 said:

pablo11 AvatarFeb 9, 2018 10:27:50 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Good work.
We also have TWRP for the regular screen.
Great to see you are getting results though. :+1::+1:

Hi !
I have not made my TWRP 3.2.1 build public yet, because I still have one issue : when restoring a backup, a command has to be input so TWRP can overwrite swap file (chattr -i /data/2ndswap).
For now I do not have much time to spend on this, but I will when I can.
If I find a proper way of handling this, i’ll release it.

I have tested our version and it works fine.
Not sure why there is a need for another but it’s all good :+1:

Mar 14, 2018 21:34:52 GMT 1 pix106 said:
Hi ! I have not made my TWRP 3.2.1 build public yet, because I still have one issue : when restoring a backup, a command has to be input so TWRP can overwrite swap file (chattr -i /data/2ndswap). For now I do not have much time to spend on this, but I will when I can. If I find a proper way of handling this, i'll release it.

I have tested our version and it works fine. Not sure why there is a need for another but it's all good 👍
It does not work on hehui I4 pro, it is not up to date, and it is most probably a port (as opposite to a build from sources)

Mar 15, 2018 7:37:29 GMT 1 pix106 said:

It’s very easy to make it work for HEHUI devices if needed.
You just extract the image and replace the content needed from the stock recovery into the TWRP port.
On XDA or Google you can find the image splitter and rebuild tool.

Mar 15, 2018 7:37:29 GMT 1 pix106 said:
It does not work on hehui I4 pro, it is not up to date, and it is most probably a port (as opposite to a build from sources)

It's very easy to make it work for HEHUI devices if needed. You just extract the image and replace the content needed from the stock recovery into the TWRP port. On XDA or Google you can find the image splitter and rebuild tool.
So for now, there is no hehui twrp recovery publicly available

I always prefer buildind over porting, porting is dirty imho, as it’s not build for the specific device but for some other device with a bit of hacking.
Porting is helpful when there are no sources available, but now I have written a device tree for I4 pro which builds TWRP, and CyanogenMod (boots but misses a launcher), i think it is different.

Anyway, it does not matter, if I get to build something I can release, I will, as I already released TWRP and ROM for some other device.

Mar 15, 2018 7:57:49 GMT 1 pix106 said:

I always prefer buildind over porting, porting is dirty imho, as it’s not build for the specific device but for some other device with a bit of hacking.
Porting is helpful when there are no sources available, but now I have written a device tree for I4 pro which builds TWRP, and CyanogenMod (boots but misses a launcher), i think it is different.

Anyway, it does not matter, if I get to build something I can release, I will, as I already released TWRP and ROM for some other device.

Very good :+1:

Mar 15, 2018 7:57:49 GMT 1 pix106 said:
So for now, there is no hehui twrp recovery publicly available

Very good :+1:
By the way, there is no official source for twrp for these watches.
We basically have no choice but to port other device recoveries and adjust the DPI for the small screen.

pablo11 AvatarMar 15, 2018 8:10:20 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
pablo11 AvatarMar 15, 2018 7:59:32 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
Very good 👍

By the way, there is no official source for twrp for these watches. We basically have no choice but to port other device recoveries and adjust the DPI for the small screen.

It's really good to hear that you have gone to the trouble of creating the device tree for the watch. I hope you have success with your project and I will be interested to hear how you progress.
pablo11 AvatarMar 15, 2018 8:12:40 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
pablo11 AvatarMar 15, 2018 8:10:20 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
By the way, there is no official source for twrp for these watches. We basically have no choice but to port other device recoveries and adjust the DPI for the small screen.

It's really good to hear that you have gone to the trouble of creating the device tree for the watch. I hope you have success with your project and I will be interested to hear how you progress.

for TWRP it is very basic : github.com/pix106/android_device_iqi_i4pro/tree/omnirom-5.1-twrp i have not uploaded cm-12.1 branch yet  -> CM-12.1 branch is now uploaded

Mar 15, 2018 13:18:53 GMT 1 pix106 said:

pablo11 AvatarMar 15, 2018 8:12:40 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
It’s really good to hear that you have gone to the trouble of creating the device tree for the watch.
I hope you have success with your project and I will be interested to hear how you progress.

for TWRP it is very basic : github.com/pix106/android_device_iqi_i4/tree/omnirom-5.1-twrp
i have not uploaded cm-12.1 branch yet

Ok, thanks :+1::+1:

there are any custom rom for thish device?

May 12, 2018 16:50:35 GMT 1 allevi said:
there are any custom rom for thish device?

no that i know of, you can customaize the rom it has by yourself it with root but you need to know how to do it.

i am using firmware with ver AQR-LAUNCH-I4Air-1602-CAMERA-Fitness-HEHUI-NHT-V02-20180131,
this is save to root with my current firmware?

newbie need help.

never00miss

why do you want to root the watch? anyway there is custom recovery for the watch and guide on how to root the watch so if you want to do so and KNOW how then go ahead be careful you can damage the watch beyond repair if you do’nt know what you are doing.

Apr 2, 2017 17:32:27 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
First TWRP 3.0.3 recovery port for IQI I4 with multi-language support.

Requirements
I4 must have firmware v20170322
SP Flash tool must be a newer version, I use the v5.1628

*** WARNING ***
DO NOT APPLY any OTA update after you have flashed this recovery! This could (soft)brick your watch.
OTA updates require stock recovery.

Notes
Stock I4 ROM includes a service which overwrite recovery partition if it’s different from the stock.
To overcome this issue I included also a patched version of the boot.img from the v20170322 ROM which is exactly as the stock version but the recovery overwrite service is disabled.
The included scatter file is modified to load both the recovery and the boot image files; no changes to partitions layout are present.

Installation
To install, use the usual procedure for flashing the recovery with SP Flash Tool. Don’t do it if you are not 101% sure of what you are doing.
Usual disclaimers apply *** I am not responsible for anyone’s issues here. Use this at your own risk !! ***

1. Load the supplied scatter file in SP Flash Tool
  2. Make sure that no other other files is selected, ONLY boot and recovery must be selected, and press “download”.
  3. Power off the watch and then connect it to your PC and it will flash in few seconds.

That’s all.

Download
recovery-twrp-303_I4-20170330.zip

Hi, so I have firmware version AQR-LAUNCH-I4Air-1602-CAMERA-Fitness-HEHUI-NHT-V02-20180131 ON MY I4 Air, which doesn't yet seem to be available to download on here. Is that the only way to get hold of the original boot.img to reflash after this process?