TWRP for Continuum (Lemfo Lem5 Pro, Finow X5 Air)

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Downloads/Source Code:

TWRP Image Download: 3.2.2-0
TWRP Image Installer Download: 3.2.2-0
Scatter file: Here
TWRP Source Code: Here
Kernel Source Code: Prebuilt Stock Kernel

Install Instructions:

If you have TWRP installed already:

1. Download the first link which is just the twrp image files

2. Copy the image file to your watch

3. Boot into twrp

4. Click install

5. Click install image

6. Navigate to the twrp image you copied over and select it

7. Find recovery in the list and select it

8. Swipe to confirm

9. You’re done

If you don’t have TWRP installed:

1. With your watch turned on, copy the file “TWRP_patcher.zip” to the /sdcard directory.

2. Turn off your watch.

3. Open sp flash tool

4. In the “Scatter-loading File” box choose the “MT6580_Android_scatter.txt” file that you downloaded

5. Press on “Download”.

6. Connect the watch to the computer.

7. Connect the watch to the computer and wait until a green tick appears on the screen.

8. Unplug your watch and power it on

WARNING: the following step (9) will install the default boot.img for the stock rom of the device. If you have another rom installed, be sure to flash it after finishing this guide.

1. On the recovery, go to Install -> Install Zip and select the previously copied file “TWRP_patcher.zip”

2. Wait until it finishes and that’s it!

Make please the default setting not to lock the screen. After the screen is locked and turned off, the watch does not respond to the buttons.

Finow X5+ w616

How can I go to TWRP?

adb reboot recovery

guys, can someone please help me.

I’ve followed these instructions about a million f’n times and it doesn’t work.

At first when i follow it i get the “PMT changed for the rom it must be downloaded” then if i format it and run it again, i get another error…

can you please provide further in depth instructions?

please also excuse my ignorance, this is the first time i’ve tried to root something.

Thanks,
Sam

Dec 25, 2018 13:23:06 GMT 1 samyb90 said:
guys, can someone please help me.

I’ve followed these instructions about a million f’n times and it doesn’t work.

At first when i follow it i get the “PMT changed for the rom it must be downloaded” then if i format it and run it again, i get another error…

can you please provide further in depth instructions?

please also excuse my ignorance, this is the first time i’ve tried to root something.

Thanks,
Sam

Do not do the format option that will wipe your IMEI and Mac addresses. If it complains about the PMT that normally means sp flash is unhappy with what it’s detecting on the watch. Easiest way is to flash the TWRP image at the same time as your watches firmware and using the firmware upgrade option in sp flash.

Hey man 5 months late to the party - actually trying to run this flash for a lem 6 (apparently the lem 5 pro TWRP works)but I also have a X5 Air so hoping to get it right on this device first.

X5Air - Not rooted, Lem 6 - rooted

Similar to the above, when flashing just the ‘recovery.img’ as download it brings up a PMT error (for Lem 6 & X5 Air), and when flashing the recovery.img from the TWRP_Image folder [I assume that is the continuumTWRP.img renamed] with all the default firmware (replaced OG recovery.img)… it flashes…boots up like a full reset but no TWPR opening (or perhaps !

When I do a firmware upgrade with either combination above it doesn’t work either - giving PMT error and just it flashes but nothing happens.

Gonna need a genius to fix this I swear!
OO7R3N7

I’m not sure what to do about the pmt error, but I can tell you that you have to flash twrp to both the recovery partition and the boot partition if it is to work as intended.

Okay here’s a noobs walkthrough:

• Flashed the continuum TWRP.img with the default software (all of it) and rename both as “boot.img” and “recovery.img”, with the command upgrade firmware and she’ll open up in TWRP.

In TWRP:

• copy over continuum.img (not the patcher since the patcher is Unity and we are running continuum - you’ll get error 7). Install the .img file instead of zip file.
  • I had signature enforcement off, not sure if it matters to have it on.
  • Then you can copy over Vell’s custom firmware from the 4PDA forum and install that zip file (the one for TWRP) and to my knowledge you should have TWRP and custom firmware installed.

Next steps are Xposed framework to optimise battery - unless Vell you can weigh in and say that your custom hardware is already optimising this?
OO7R3N7

I do this. My Finow X5 Air stay bricked. How to solve? (please)

BROM Error When I stay trying solved:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ck4uyBkBFyoIQ1Nby8_kci4vH6-3mK_b?usp=sharing

I have X5 Air bricked now. If you don’t have TWRP installed: I followed these steps to number 7. I don’t see: green tick appears on the screen. NEVER.

BROM ERROR when I stay try solve:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ck4uyBkBFyoIQ1Nby8_kci4vH6-3mK_b?usp=sharing

Please, help me

Hit the download button, then connect your watch turned off. If that doesn’t start, try to stay with power button pressed on the watch. It should work and start flashing.

I can start flashing NOW. How to solve imei and bluetooth mac address issue?

we won’t help for EMEI as it is illegal, but you can search… About BT, there’s nothing to set i think.

1 Like

I need a copy of the nvram.bin of the finow x5 air, to do this:

I have a Imei here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yKZOQ7gCzmStaXlE9XdZIUOsWLuV-7UF/view?usp=drivesdk

@Eric_Crochemore https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.com/t/twrp-3-0-2-for-x5-air-lem5-pro-w618-2gb-ram/34435

Please help in topic above (16). I stay trying root my device (x5 air):

Please Help me with this: 16. Flash Magisk again to patch the stock boot.img

My TWRP restore INSTALL option screen don’t have option to select path. How Can I do this?

Where is the * .img file I am going to use? (In this case the location option appears). Should I use the fastboot flash xxxxxx?