TWRP and Root for the LEMFO LEM7 with the MT 6739 chip

How to ROOT the LEMFO LEM7 with the MT6739 chip and install TWRP on it

NOTE: You do this at your own risk and I will not be held responsible if something goes wrong

Familiarity with adb commands, driver installation and SP Flash Tool is recommended.

I have managed to root the LEM7 (MT6739) chip and port a TWRP into the LEM7’s recovery.img

I used Carliv’s Android Image Kitchen for Windows to port the TWRP from the LEMFO LEMX and (also from the Zeblaze Thor 4 Pro TWRP; both appeared to be the same)

The LEMX TWRP was created by iscle and is posted at:
/thread/2740/twrp-lemx

I used an Android Mobile Phone and Magisk Manager to patch the stock boot.img to give it root

The root method can be found here: /thread/3259/root-lemfo-lem8-watches

I then used the SP Flash Tool to flash the TWRP recovery.img and the patched boot.img into my LEM7.

My LEM7 has the Z285-LEM7-V1.2 ROM installed. I downloaded it from here: /thread/2936/lemfo-lem7-m6739-z28s-model

When I rebooted the watch, it went straight into the normal clock face mode (not into TWRP).

I had previously installed RootChecker by joeykrim and Reboot by Petrus from the Play Store to check if I had root and to boot into TWRP recovery.

This TWRP does not back up the normal full range of partitions, only the critical ones such as boot, system and data to back up and restore settings, apps and Android-related files as well as NVRAM to back up data like WiFi and Bluetooth MAC addresses, Baseband version, IMEI/MEID numbers and other essential information.

This TWRP and Root method should keep all of your downloaded apps, settings and data safe.

If the method fails, you might want to do a factory reset or reinstall the V1.2 stock ROM (or you want to upgrade from V1.1 to V1.2). Use the download from the above address, unzip and use SP Flash Tool to flash it onto the watch. You may wish to save apps, setting and data by using a backup app such as My Backup and saving it onto your PC as the above will delete your own apps, setting and data.

Irrespective of whether you start off with a clean watch or not, you need to do the following.
• Install VCom drivers
• Install minimal ADB (optional)
• delete any Magisk Manager app
• ensure that USB debugging is on (Settings -> About -> Developer options and turn on USB debugging)
• If connection to a PC is needed to sideload apps or run ADB commands, ensure that “Use USB to – transfer files” is selected. You must have your watch turned on and USB connected to your PC to turn it on (Settings -> Connect -> USB)
• Download and unzip the TWRP, Root and associated files and folders to yourPC somewhere you can easily access them.
• Install RootChecker by joeykrim and Reboot by Petrus by sideloading from the download or from Play Store.

I have uploaded the following files and folders to Mega:
• Folders – SP Flash Tool, Stock and Modded
• Files
  o MT6739_Android_scatter.txt for SP Flash Tool (limited to only flash recovery.img and boot.img)
  o Root Check app to sideload and install
  o Reboot app to sideload and install

The SP Flash Tool folder contains the Flash Tool application

The Modded folder contains a recovery.img modified for TWRP and a boot.img modified to give root

The Stock folder contains the stock recovery.img and boot.img, These can be flashed to remove TWRP and root so as to revert to a fully stock ROM

The download location is given below.

Method:
• Turn off watch
• Place it on the power bank plate with USB NOT connected to your PC
• Download and unzip the TWRP Root Lemfo LEM7 MT6739.zip from Mega (see below)
• Locate and start SP Flash Tool
• Locate and load MT6739_Android_scatter.txt into the flash tool
• Click on the blank location cell in the recovery row, navigate to Modded -> recovery.img and open it. It will load into the Flash Tool and a tick will appear in the tick box
• Do the same with the boot row to load in the boot.img.
• Click on download
• Insert the USB cable into your PC
• Your PC should give a “burble” to show it is connected
• The bottom row will flash red once and twice as yellow as each of the recovery.img and boot.img are flashed
• A big tick will come up to indicate success.

Note: If you want to go back to stock, use the stock recovery.img and boot.img and flash as above.

By only flashing the boot and recovery, you should not lose any settings or apps etc.

Now reboot your watch and navigate to the apps list and open the Magisk Manager that was installed during the flash. You will be asked to install the full version. Accept and download and install the full version. This gives the boot.img its full root status.

Open and run Rootchecker. You will get superuser request messages. Accept and continue. If you do not get root the first time around try again.

Open and run Reboot. Select reboot to recovery. You will get several superuser request messages. Accept and continue and you will be rebooted into TWRP recovery

Alternately you can get into TWRP by using the ADB command:

adb reboot recovery

Enjoy!!

Download:
mega.nz/#!EXI3gKxR!QefIvEnGX2g0kYWnUaO_uddJp2nv7P_djl3t738KQyE