**TWRP and ROOT for LEMFO LEM8 WITH OTA V1.5 UPDATE**

TWRP and ROOT for LEMFO LEM8 WITH OTA V1.5 UPDATE

NOTE: You do this at your own risk and I will not be held responsible if something goes wrong

WARNING: YOU MAY BRICK YOUR WATCH

Knowledge: A knowledge of how to use the SP Flash Tool, install apps and follow instructions is mandatory. You also should be familiar with the use of ADB and sideloading apps from your PC to your phone.

I previously extracted the V1.5 OTA update ROM (posted elsewhere on this site) and obtained the boot.img and recovery.img files and modded them to get root from the boot.img and TWRP from the recovery.img .

I rooted the boot.img using the Magisk Manager model on an Android mobile phone (you can actually see what you need to do on a mobile phone)

I ported TWRP with the V1.3 TWRP recovery.img (posted elsewhere on this site) that I, in turn, had ported from a LEMX TWRP that was created by iscle. I used Carliv’s Android Image Kitchen for Windows to port

Both TWRP and root are working on my LEM8 without problem.

NOTE: If you have V1.2, 1.3 or V1.4 that are rooted and/or have TWRP, then you can simply update to V1.5 by flashing the V1.5 system.img from Lem8 V1.5 System.img folder in the download below.

You do not lose root, apps, data, settings etc.

I have uploaded the following files and folders to Mega:

Folders –

Apps – Contains RootCheck, Reboot and Magisk Manager

Lem8 V1.5 System.img – Contains V1.5 system.img

Modded IMGs – contains the rooted boot.img and the ported TWRP recovery.img

Original IMGs – Contains the original V1.5 boot.img and recovery.img from the extracted V1.5 update

SP Flash Tool – Contains the SP Flash Tool

Files – MT6739_Android_scatter.txt for SP Flash Tool

The download is given below.

Procedure

Download and unzip the Mega file given below.

Sideload and install the three apps – ensure USB Debugging is on, the USB is set to transfer files and you are connected to the Internet

Open the SPC Flash Tool and load MT6739_Android_scatter.txt from the download

Click on the right-hand cell of the recovery line and navigate to the Modded IMGs folder and select and load recovery.img

Do the same for the boot line

Ensure that only the recovery and boot lines have ticks in front of them

Click on the download button

Turn off your watch

With the watch charging plate NOT connected to you PC, securely mount you watch onto the charging plate

Plug the charging plate into your PC

A note will sound and a red bar and two yellow bars will flash across the bottom of the screen

A big tick will appear if successful

Unplug your watch and restart it

When restarted, open Magisk Manager to finalise root and follow the onscreen instructions, a message will come up requesting Superuser permission. Accept and you have root.

Check root with the root checker apk

Open the reboot apk and boot into recovery to get TWRP.

You can elect to install either or both TWRP and root.

If you only install TWRP, then you need to use the adb command to get TWRP

“adb reboot recovery “

You can go back to the stock V1.5 by flashing the recovery.img and/or boot.img found in the Original IMGs folder.

Enjoy!!

Download:

https://mega.nz/#!pKBTiYAB!v3iM3fUbunOfIwpcXGtJrSZBoiC8t29VWfquuCC3tm0