Two issues with my brandnew LEM7

I got my watch yesterday and have two issues with it. The watch is running software version 2.4

1. In the past 18 hours it suddenly rebooted two times. All wireless and gps switched off. The display on time set to 2 minutes. The watch isn’t warm

1. The GPS signal sensitivity is very poor. I think I read somewhere this is caused by a too short antenna cable?? Can something be done, like soldering a longer wire? The zeblaze thor 4 doesn’t have this problem as can be seen in this YT video:

PS: the good thing is that my box included both the power bank and the new charging adapte

jockyw2001

flash it with v2.5 use upgrade and make sure that the watch is off when you do that.

Aug 15, 2018 14:27:17 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
flash it with v2.5 use upgrade and make sure that the watch is off when you do that.

Thank you, done. Hopefully no spurious reboots anymore.

Concerning GPS, I get a 3D fix after about 5 seconds in the open air. I guess I am lucky that in my LEM7 the GPS/BT/Wifi antenna wire isn’t cut off as was posted by chris4you. I opened mine and saw the wire is going in the strap (see attached pic, the gps/bt/wifi antenna is close to the red button)

PS: the back cover is glued and you must be careful when pulling it off. There are also 4 magnets held in the back cover and you must put them back  with the right side facing down otherwise the charging docks won’t stick

Attachments:

My feedback after I flashed v2.5:

• no more spurious reboots

• gps connectivity very unstable and for example when cycling no fix can be obtained. Since the zeblaze thor 4 doesn’t havethis issues I wonder whether the hardware is really the same. Did any thor 4 user make some pics of the motherboard? It looks like some kind of antenna problem. What also could be is that zeblaze uses other gps calibration values. I will flash the zeblaze firmware later today. I can also make pictures of the gps settings as can be seen in the mtk engineering app.

Update: gps doesn’t improve with the zeblaze thor 4 firmware. A 3d fix takes a long time and never using more than 7 sats and it only gets a fix when there are no obstacles in the way at all. Very disappointing, apart from the gps it is performing well.

pablo: if you read this, can you ask the solution provider if they have any clues? Thx!

I managed to improve gps signal reception by shielding the main board with kitchen aluminium foil. I also recalibrated the gps chip as can be found here bbs.elephone.hk/thread-11201-1-1.html#.V3zPELiLRaS

Works a bit better now

Edit: just returned from a biking tour. The gps performed quite well and had a 3d fix with sometimes 10 or 11 sats most of the time. I am becoming more and more happy with this watch