Toying around with shadows and highlights.

Toying around with shadows and highlights. In WFD, the autorotation second shadow option axis of rotation is the same as the normal second hand axis of rotation. This gives the unwanted illusion that the tip of the hand is further from the watchface than the center portion. I added an additional autorotation second shadow and offset the y center axis then used some blurring effects to merge the two somewhat. I also generated the appropriate angle of highlight to it with the light angle GIF layer creator so the highlight on the hand matches the shadow underneath it. I had to emboss the hand layer in order to create the GIF, then deleted the hand layer that was used to create it. I used 60 images for the GIF and the quartz movement, otherwise at a 15 fps frame rate, 900 images would be required for continuous movement! Any suggestions as to an easier solution would be appreciated! :clown_face:

40beb452d90ed5c62b470808fb3bfdb3.gif

I usually use two hands.
The second hand (placed UNDER the first one) is for the shadow and is located a couple of pixels to the right and to the bottom (Center X = 202 and Center Y = 205) I also blur it a bit.

The good thing about this solution is that the shadow looks natural and follows the ‘angle’ and is always on the same site.
missing/deleted image from Google+

Wow cooool. I tried it works great! The blur is the solution!

@Bert_van_de_Bovenkamp
Nice with highlight!..
missing/deleted image from Google+

@Louis_Peek Next version will include a menu option to create the “shadow” of the selected layer (by duplicating that layer, changing it to black, blurring it and finally offsetting it by some distance/angle). But, you’ll have to wait a little more :slight_smile:

@Marco_Ferreira
Knee Toe! Thank you Mr. Marco!:clown_face: