Ticwris MAX S and KOSPET Note firmware thread-UPDATED

Hi. I gave up on runkeeper on older versions of android . The app struggled with various issues. My running app works great on this watch.

3 Likes

Thanks mate :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughts. In addition to the stock browser, I tried installing Chrome and Opera and setting them to the default (located in the Settings/Uninstall Apps, if I did it correctly), but the result was the same. I also tried a bunch of old versions. I eventually tried one from 2018, before Asics changed the login method. It didnā€™t have the same problem, but it couldnā€™t connect to Runkeeper to verify the login.
My three biggest goals in purchasing this watch were to have Runkeeper, a physical SIM card, and a big enough screen to essentially ditch my phone. I bought the similar, slightly larger Android 9 watch that we are requested not to mention on this forum, and Runkeeper works fine there with the exception of exiting when the screen goes blank (max of 5 minutes), but I am returning that watch for the reasons listed on the forum, and the fact that I donā€™t trust the detachable band when exercising.

pablo11Forum Manager
May '22
@roosevelt_louis
Busybox is just a list commands that are used when you are in SU mode.
They are symbolic links to the root commands in the system.
What I am interested in is - what cool things were you able to achieve apart from backup?
Backup is fine using TWRP so Titanium is not really important.
I am very curious about what you think are the benefits of having root access?
This is a legitimate question.
I am gathering information and feedback on this subject.
Cheers

That is a very intolerant view on rooting. This comes out from a lot of comments. It is surely not good for the regular unexperienced user, but great for the experienced users, developers and so on.
Why not let a grown-up person deside for him-her-self what to do and why root or not root.

@anon84570158 As I mentioned before, we donā€™t want to discuss root too extensively here. Iā€™m glad you achieved what you set out to achieve. Nevertheless, I would like to ask you to end this discussion now.
Thank you very much for your understanding.

2 Likes

G1NT0N1CModerator/Administrator/Face Designer
20m
@anon84570158 As I mentioned before, we donā€™t want to discuss root too extensively here. Iā€™m glad you achieved what you set out to achieve. Nevertheless, I would like to ask you to end this discussion now.
Thank you very much for your understanding.

Wow, root-police is around. What do you think I am part of this forum - to mention, ask and discuss issues and problems about smartwatch (in my case and at present Ticwris Max S), the same as any other user and member within this forum. So why do you think you need to ā€œshut downā€ someone !??

I have already explained to you why we do not want to go into more detail here. But you obviously donā€™t care.
End this discussion NOW. Itā€™s no longer a polite request. Itā€™s an order.

1 Like

How comes you assume the right to give orders!!?? Actually you are rarely polite. Obviously you blame others for your personal problems and try to compensate by bossing others. ā€œNiceā€ attitude. Good luck!

Ok, maybe you need some time to think.

1 Like

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but can anyone confirm if the ticwris max s/dm101 has a compass? I know it has GPS, but I want to use it for a fully fledged orienteering style watch,.so a compass is essential!

Thanks and sorry again if this is in the wrong thread

1 Like

I believe that any compass app from the Play Store should work ok.
Itā€™s the same as a mobile phone.
It does not come with a compass app but can be installed.

Thanks Pablo, I do mean the actual hardware side of it, was just checking as I believe it was my lemfo lem12 that did not have a compass and I was sad :sob:.

Thanks, feel free to delete this if itā€™s of no use to the thread

Understand, basically none come with a compass app because of the need for a custom app.
Itā€™s a whole lot easier for the user to install the app.
Bottom line is, if you have a Sim card inserted and GPS enabled (with Google GPS accuracy enabled) it will work fine.
Even if you are out of range of a cell tower.
Well, thatā€™s if you have the FAW international firmware installed on it.
We made sure that this works.

1 Like

@Jollydoddger If you speak of a real compass app- this cannot work. Unlike most smartphones, our watches do not have the required magnetic sensor. The reason is simple- it cannot work because the magnet of the charging contact would make the sensor useless.

2 Likes

Thanks @G1NT0N1C
I was not sure about thatā€¦
Good to confirm :ok_hand::+1:

Hi, is there a chance to get FAW firmware for Ticwris Max S , cannot find download link specifically for faw firmware.

Youā€™ll find the download link for the DM 101 FAW firmware in our download section.

OK, within download section, regarding Ticwris Max S or DM101, there is showing
" DM101 A10 stock firmware. Unreleased publicly "
ā€¦
" Request access here:
SUSPENDED. "

OR
" A10 FAW DM101 fimware - flash tools only! " Request on Google made with email registered here, but no access (and if there are indeed only flash tools there, then useless. Firmware needed).

Additionally on the FAW RC1 1.3 for Kospet Optimus 2 a Google request was done, but no access yet.

Why are you requesting the FAW for Kospet optimus pro? I thought we are talking about the FAW firmware for ticwris max s?

A10 FAW DM101 Fimware is what you need for the ticwris max s. You have to flash it with the flashtool. Use ā€œfirmware updateā€ option in the flashtool. Make sure that you are using the newest flashtool version. If you requested it already please be patient. @pablo11 will give you access soon. Iā€™m not willing to switch between 2 accounts all the time.

1 Like

Hi, nice to hear that you will take care for firmware access.
Regarding your other comment, obviously I have the Ticwris Mas S for longer, and meanwhile having also the Kospet Optimus 2 (and planning to achieve other additional watches as well), thatĀ“s not so unusual isnĀ“t it?