Thor pro shuts down while charging?

Hello everyone.

I bought a thor pro and I really like the watch (even with the hideous app wiiwatch to connect). Previously I had an amazfit pace and the app worked perfectly, I could turn the iPhone off or the watch off and when it powered back on it would automatically connect again(this does not happen with the thor pro).

Anyway, my issue here is not what I mentioned above. When I connect the watch (powered on) to the charger, after a while the watch turns off and displays the battery icon. Is everyone else’s watch behaving the same? Sometimes it happens after the watch has reached 100%, but it happened a few minutes ago at 88%.

After it shuts down it keeps charging (unless it had already reached 100%) and i can turn it back on without any issue but it bums me out because once the watch shuts down I have to open the wiiwatch app and the connect watch app on the phone and re pair it again which is a pain in the ass.

I just wanted to know if my unit is defective or someother issue (maybe because im using the iPhone charger??)

No it’s not normal, this could be a FW problem. Maybe you can try another FW.
pablo11

Hi…Im not sure is this is the answer to your issue, but make sure you are using a small charging block and not a higher output block. I tried a fast charger first and I got a warning and then the watch shut down.

If the watch gets too warm it will shut down.

Sept 8, 2018 22:08:33 GMT 1 ricktop said:
No it's not normal, this could be a FW problem. Maybe you can try another FW. pablo11

Thank you for your answer. I did try reset all settings and data and also reflashed another firmware on the watch (which btw is older than the one it came with) and it still happens…I turn it back on and it is charging to 100…maybe it is a hardware problem?

Sept 8, 2018 22:50:21 GMT 1 onemat said:
Hi...Im not sure is this is the answer to your issue, but make sure you are using a small charging block and not a higher output block. I tried a fast charger first and I got a warning and then the watch shut down.

If the watch gets too warm it will shut down.

That does make sense…but I am using the iPhone charger which is 1.0A output…I don’t have anything lower than this. Where do you charge your watch?

Hi Migueldbr
I use an old brick from HTC but you can also plug the charging cable into an PC or Apple computer…

mine does that but I assume it was normal, I’m using a 4A *6 charger but I’ve never figure out when it switches off since sometimes it notify that its at 100% and its still on but in the morning I find it switches off

Sept 8, 2018 21:29:57 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
Anyway, my issue here is not what I mentioned above. When I connect the watch (powered on) to the charger, after a while the watch turns off and displays the battery icon. Is everyone else's watch behaving the same? 

Yeah, mine does that too, although every now and again it will charge completely to 100% without turning off. I use battery alarm (set it to go off at 83%) and sometimes it will still turn off before hitting 83%.

Oooops should mention that I have the BAKEEY I3, but it’s internals are virtually the same hardware as the thor pro(even the same transflective screen).