Thor Pro and T-Mobile

After a few weeks of wondering if something was wrong with my watch or Nano SIM card, I finally connected with someone at Zeblaze who found based on on T-Mobile’s published frequencies that the watch will only receive T-Mobile 2G and not 3G. I am OK with that as I rarely would use it for a phone call or data. I would only use it for an emergency phone call if my cell phone was down. I just thought I would report my findings in case anyone else was on T-Mobile and wondering the same thing. If you have to have 3G, you can get it if you run the watch on AT&T.

Sept 22, 2018 16:09:11 GMT 1 onemat said:
After a few weeks of wondering if something was wrong with my watch or Nano SIM card, I finally connected with someone at Zeblaze who found based on on T-Mobile's published frequencies that the watch will only receive T-Mobile 2G and not 3G. I am OK with that as I rarely would use it for a phone call or data. I would only use it for an emergency phone call if my cell phone was down. I just thought I would report my findings in case anyone else was on T-Mobile and wondering the same thing. If you have to have 3G, you can get it if you run the watch on AT&T.

I use Speed Talk Sim cards in all my 5.1 & 7.0 watches. They run on the T-Mobile network and work on 2G and 3G in my location. Also I put the same type of  Speed Talk Sim card in an old At&T Kyocera Duraforce phone (unlocked by AT&T).  I use it mostly for tracking my bike rides and it runs on 4G. So I'm not sure you are getting good information. The Sim cards are available on Amazon or from Speed Talk starting at $5 a month. Aside: T-Mobile has said they will support 2G until 2020.
Sept 22, 2018 17:00:46 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Sept 22, 2018 16:09:11 GMT 1 onemat said:
After a few weeks of wondering if something was wrong with my watch or Nano SIM card, I finally connected with someone at Zeblaze who found based on on T-Mobile's published frequencies that the watch will only receive T-Mobile 2G and not 3G. I am OK with that as I rarely would use it for a phone call or data. I would only use it for an emergency phone call if my cell phone was down. I just thought I would report my findings in case anyone else was on T-Mobile and wondering the same thing. If you have to have 3G, you can get it if you run the watch on AT&T.

I use Speed Talk Sim cards in all my 5.1 & 7.0 watches. They run on the T-Mobile network and work on 2G and 3G in my location. Also I put the same type of Speed Talk Sim card in an old At&T Kyocera Duraforce phone (unlocked by AT&T). I use it mostly for tracking my bike rides and it runs on 4G. So I'm not sure you are getting good information. The Sim cards are available on Amazon or from Speed Talk starting at $5 a month. Aside: T-Mobile has said they will support 2G until 2020.

Hello capt jon. I think you told me about Speedtalk before. I may try that. I lost my job June 1 after 25 years…i just started back to work but for not enough money so I am watching my pennies… The %-Mobile line is free it bugs me that T-Mobile offered little support on this and Zeblaze may have given me bad information.

Sept 23, 2018 16:11:06 GMT 1 onemat said:
Sept 22, 2018 17:00:46 GMT 1 capt jon said:
I use Speed Talk Sim cards in all my 5.1 & 7.0 watches. They run on the T-Mobile network and work on 2G and 3G in my location. Also I put the same type of  Speed Talk Sim card in an old At&T Kyocera Duraforce phone (unlocked by AT&T).  I use it mostly for tracking my bike rides and it runs on 4G. So I'm not sure you are getting good information. The Sim cards are available on Amazon or from Speed Talk starting at $5 a month. Aside: T-Mobile has said they will support 2G until 2020.

Hello capt jon

. I think you told me about Speedtalk before. I may try that. I lost my job June 1 after 25 years…i just started back to work but for not enough money so I am watching my pennies… The %-Mobile line is free it bugs me that T-Mobile offered little support on this and Zeblaze may have given me bad information.

It has been my impression with my carrier, AT&T and most that they don’t want to or won’t help you with devices you bring to them. They want you to buy a watch (iwatch or Android Wear) from them and then they will be glad to help you. I do find it interesting though that Xfinity Mobile will let you bring up to 5 android devices and add them to your account at no extra charge for all but their Unlimited Plan. The only problem at this time is you cannot currently bring your own Android phone, you would have to buy a new one but the option to bring your phone is suppose to be available by the end of the year. The bottom line you could have 5 devices on your plan and pay only $36 +tax, a month for 3GB for all devices. They do not have a flat charge for each device, like the other carriers. After that you have to move up to Unlimited if you want more than 3GB for a device and it is $48 a month for that device. They are on the Verizon network. The only drawback is you have to be an Xfinity Internet customer, which I am.