Thor 4 plus big problem

Hello ,

I have a thor 4 plus and I am/was very happy with it till last week. Suddenly it stopped working and I only get a black screen with now and then the blue circle that you see when you boot your watch???
I think it happened when puting on a new watchface (zip file in clockskins). What can I do? Look at the video where you see wat happens when I boot the watch.

Regards, Robert

Mar 5, 2019 12:46:42 GMT aargee said:
Hello ,

I have a thor 4 plus and I am/was very happy with it till last week. Suddenly it stopped working and I only get a black screen with now and then the blue circle that you see when you boot your watch???
I think it happened when puting on a new watchface (zip file in clockskins). What can I do? Look at the video where you see wat happens when I boot the watch.

Regards, Robert

It appears the watch booted up but is just not displaying the watchface selected. Have you tried to slide left to the app menu? Or try and select another watchface? That was the first thing I was looking for in your video.

If you are able to select a different watchface select one that came installed on the watch, connect it to a computer and remove the watchface file you just installed. 

If you can access your apps, just reset the watch.

Oke, I will try that. I think it is strange that it keeps showing the blue startup circle. It looks like it is stuck in booting and can not finish it?

If the watchface isn’t supposed to look like that its probably not fully compatible with your launcher

Mar 5, 2019 13:09:47 GMT ricktop said:
If you can access your apps, just reset the watch.

I tried to get in the apps menu by swiping to the left and the menu was visible for about 0,5 secondes. Then the screen was black again with sometimes flashes of that blue circle. That was not enough time to get into the apps. Tried it several times and only flashes of the app menu.

Then you probably have to flash the fw. Just follow the YT tutorial.

Mar 6, 2019 6:40:31 GMT ricktop said:
Then you probably have to flash the fw. Just follow the YT tutorial.

I already tried that but after connecting the watch to the pc nothing happens. The watch does not automaticcally boot. It justs starts loading the battery.

The watch should be OFF, press the download button in the flashtool. Then connect the watch to the PC, it should start to flash.

Mar 6, 2019 8:27:01 GMT ricktop said:
The watch should be OFF, press the download button in the flashtool. Then connect the watch to the PC, it should start to flash.

That is exactly what I did. Nothing happens. I only see the battery indicator lighting up as a sign that it is loading.

Mar 6, 2019 8:45:10 GMT aargee said:
Mar 6, 2019 8:27:01 GMT ricktop said:

That is exactly what I did. Nothing happens. I only see the battery indicator lighting up as a sign that it is loading.

Then, try another USB port, check your drivers, or your cable has an issue with data transfer ?
Mar 6, 2019 8:48:08 GMT ricktop said:
Mar 6, 2019 8:45:10 GMT aargee said:

Then, try another USB port, check your drivers, or your cable has an issue with data transfer ?

[br

I think drivers are good because I see Thor 4 plus in my directory when I connect to pc. Cable and USB hubs I Will try. On the other hand when cable works at loading iT should be ok or not?

Mar 6, 2019 10:07:00 GMT aargee said:
Mar 6, 2019 8:48:08 GMT ricktop said:

[br

I think drivers are good because I see Thor 4 plus in my directory when I connect to pc. Cable and USB hubs I Will try. On the other hand when cable works at loading iT should be ok or not?

Have you also selected “transfer files” under USB connection in settings? You have to understand that without seeing or knowing exactly what you are doing it is difficult to follow your comments. 

Mar 6, 2019 12:30:30 GMT capt jon said:
Mar 6, 2019 10:07:00 GMT aargee said:
[br

Have you also selected “transfer files” under USB connection in settings? You have to understand that without seeing or knowing exactly what you are doing it is difficult to follow your comments.

I understand that iT is difficult to understand but I am pretty new in this kind of work. So far I can follow the people who react on this topic
And I am really happy with that. I hope they will keep on reacting😁.
As far as your reaction of the settings I think that iT would solve my problem of flashing the firmware but I have only one problem, because of the black screen I can not get into the settings. Help😳
Would iT be an option to get the battery out and in?

I discovered this morning that my alarm on the Clock was still working even when I powered off my watch? Is this normal?

Mar 7, 2019 7:59:25 GMT aargee said:
I discovered this morning that my alarm on the Clock was still working even when I powered off my watch? Is this normal?

yeah, I believe that's normal

Problem solved. I managed to get in app menu settings and I did a factory Reset . This took me many attemps because I only had a flash of a second to get in before the black screen was present. Finally after about 30 attemps I managed to do this . Thx for all the advise.
Regards, Robery