Thor 4 PLUS and Thor 4 firmware difference

Hi,

Got a Thor 4 standard and a Thor 4 PLUS and noticed that the interface on the Thor 4 PLUS differs in a number of ways from the original Thor 4.

For instance:

1. Thor 4 Plus doesn’t auto boot the watch when you charge it. Something the Thor 4 does that I find annoying. The thor 4 shows a battery power icon instead.
  2. Thor 4 Plus plays a start up and shutdown sound when where as the Thor 4 vibrates.
  3. Thor 4 Plus has at least one newer clock face that isn’t available on the Thor 4.
  4. Thor 4 Plus has a different icon set.
  5. Thor 4 Plus is Android 7.1.1 and Thor 4 is Android 7.0

I was wondering seeing as apparently , and this might not be true , is that the Thor 4 Plus has a faster chip , is whether the Thor 4 Plus firmware is compatible with the Thor 4.

xkenpachix

i do’nt think so if the thor 4 is mtk6737 and the thor 4 plus is mtk6739 they are different so you can’t flash the previous with the latest firmware. also mtk6739 has always on feature which none of the mtk6737 has it and in settings the lockscreen on the mtk6739 does’nt exist on the mtk6737.

ahhh that’s interesting. Some of this I didn’t know. The Thor 4 Plus does seem to be the better device , especially with regards to the setup and not booting when charging.
I have noticed that when it’s on charge you can see a slight flicker on the display though but tiat could just have been my charging source as it was being charged via my laptop.

my Thor 4 had/has a LOT of problems and was very disappointing. The entire device died eventually after less than 2 months of use and is why I’ve ended up with the Plus.
I tracked the issue down to water/sweat ingress coming through the Sim Port, heart rate monitor , charging pins and screws which caused the screen to fail first and then the device to fail completely.
You could see the humidity INSIDE the device via the Camera lens as there were water droplets inside. The device never got completely wet , it was just on my wrist whilst exercising and that’s all it took to break it.
Not really what you expect from a device that has a fitness mode on it .

Learning from that I’ve used tape to seal all the same points of ingress on my Plus so we’ll see if it happens again.

Dec 10, 2018 6:36:08 GMT 1 gunjobas said:
Hello! I need help! Need firmware for Thor 4 Plus MTK6739!! Watch is not work after failure flash!

look in the firmware forum. Please don't post requests on an unrelated topic.

Dec 9, 2018 3:48:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:xkenpachix

i do’nt think so if the thor 4 is mtk6737 and the thor 4 plus is mtk6739 they are different so you can’t flash the previous with the latest firmware. also mtk6739 has always on feature which none of the mtk6737 has it and in settings the lockscreen on the mtk6739 does’nt exist on the mtk6737.

I will say one thing , the Thor 4 Plus is a MUCH better device than the Thor 4. Having the watch in flight mode and wearing it all day the battery drain was nominal ( 2% drain) whereas the Thor 4 would have dropped by 10-15% even with the screen blacked out.  So far it does seem to be the better of the two device by quite a stretch. 

Anyone receive a firmware update on 28th Dec? For Thor 4 plus.

Dec 30, 2018 20:59:47 GMT 1 velfare said:
Anyone receive a firmware update on 28th Dec? For Thor 4 plus.

I’ve just noticed the update and I’m pulling it down

anyone have any release notes for this version. It’s installed but I can’t find anything on whats changed.

Dec 9, 2018 14:13:06 GMT 1 xkenpachix said:
ahhh that's interesting. Some of this I didn't know. The Thor 4 Plus does seem to be the better device , especially with regards to the setup and not booting when charging. I have noticed that when it's on charge you can see a slight flicker on the display though but tiat could just have been my charging source as it was being charged via my laptop.

my Thor 4 had/has a LOT of problems and was very disappointing. The entire device died eventually after less than 2 months of use and is why I’ve ended up with the Plus.
I tracked the issue down to water/sweat ingress coming through the Sim Port, heart rate monitor , charging pins and screws which caused the screen to fail first and then the device to fail completely.
You could see the humidity INSIDE the device via the Camera lens as there were water droplets inside. The device never got completely wet , it was just on my wrist whilst exercising and that’s all it took to break it.

Learning from that I’ve used tape to seal all the same points of ingress on my Plus so we’ll see if it happens again.

is the same thing happening to you with the thor 4 plus?

Jan 20, 2019 17:35:00 GMT f2k said:
Dec 9, 2018 13:13:06 GMT xkenpachix said:
ahhh that's interesting. Some of this I didn't know. The Thor 4 Plus does seem to be the better device , especially with regards to the setup and not booting when charging. I have noticed that when it's on charge you can see a slight flicker on the display though but tiat could just have been my charging source as it was being charged via my laptop.

is the same thing happening to you with the thor 4 plus?

Hi, sorry for my late reply. Not checked the board in a while.

No it’s not happened on my Thor 4 Plus because right out of the gate I put electrical tape over all points of ingress that I could locate. Including the charging pins. I just peel that tape back when I want to charge the watch and replace it when it’s no longer viable. So far I’ve not had the same problem.

I did speak to someone from Zeblaze and it seems to be a problem they acknowledge that water ingress can happen through the sim card slot if it’s not secured correctly. Seeing as I never put a sim card IN my Thor 4 I’m guessing it’s just a really bad design fault. Also guessing the Thor 4 plus is prone to it as well so the tape helps.

exactly the same thing happend with my thor 4 plus

Sir zeblaze thro 4 plus firmware download link please sand me sir