Thor 4 LTE not charging

Hi,

my watch refuse to charge as of today
I checked the cable and looks OK(provide 5.1V on 2 pins and 2.6 on the middle one) so is either the battery or the watch connectors which I cleaned with alcohol isopropyl, still same.
Now I am stuck on open, after I managed to force unscrew the rusty screws, shame on you Zeblaze for using such shit screw on over 100$ watch(I paid 145 on mine/launch days)
So any tips on how to open it w/o destroy?

BTW I contacted the seller Zeblaze Global Direct Store and o/c I got ZERO reply, buyer advice for future products…

Apr 4, 2019 14:41:00 GMT 2 kaminoreal said:
Hi,

my watch refuse to charge as of today
I checked the cable and looks OK(provide 5.1V on 2 pins and 2.6 on the middle one) so is either the battery or the watch connectors which I cleaned with alcohol isopropyl, still same.
Now I am stuck on open, after I managed to force unscrew the rusty screws, shame on you Zeblaze for using such shit screw on over 100$ watch(I paid 145 on mine/launch days)
So any tips on how to open it w/o destroy?

BTW I contacted the seller Zeblaze Global Direct Store and o/c I got ZERO reply, buyer advice for future products…

Sadly if you have rust on the screws that means it might caused corrosion inside the watch.

I doubt since judging on low quality of screws is normal to get rusted by arm sweating.

Apr 6, 2019 21:37:56 GMT 2 kaminoreal said:
I doubt since judging on low quality of screws is normal to get rusted by arm sweating.

i will provide a link for the back cover and then you can try open it and see inside i hope it isn't corrosion.
Apr 6, 2019 21:37:56 GMT 2 kaminoreal said:

What Sonia was trying to tell you is if your screws are rusted that bad you more than likely have got sweat inside the watch. Historically this has been a problem, when someone sweats a lot with the watch on, with the watches that offer no or little waterproofing. Sweat will be more corrosive than clear water. If so there is a good possibility the battery terminals have gotten wet and suffered serious corrosion or even shorted out.  The only way you can know is to open the watch and inspect it for corrosion and if possible clean the contacts.

Nope, “lucky” me I have no sweat inside, managed to open and verified the battery, it does charge on CCCV DC source, put back the battery and watch started even it does show 2% for battery guess is not reading it proper or needs to be calibrated.
So what is left is cable or back cover with those holes in contacts that I suspect is not making contact.
I found them both to buy but to be honest at 50$ both rather I buy a new watch, is insane expensive.
If you guys have some links for me with more decent prices very much appreciated, I don’t want to trash this watch while it can be easy repaired…

Apr 8, 2019 15:27:26 GMT 2 kaminoreal said:
Nope, "lucky" me I have no sweat inside, managed to open and verified the battery, it does charge on CCCV DC source, put back the battery and watch started even it does show 2% for battery guess is not reading it proper or needs to be calibrated. So what is left is cable or back cover with those holes in contacts that I suspect is not making contact. I found them both to buy but to be honest at 50$ both rather I buy a new watch, is insane expensive. If you guys have some links for me with more decent prices very much appreciated, I don't want to trash this watch while it can be easy repaired...

Looking at this picture I would definitely say you most likely have had some moisture, corrosion, issues. While it may not completely break contact it could be increasing the resistance in the circuit which is not allowing enough power to be applied to the circuit.

The problem are the holes made by charger cable in back cover pins, from there it gets in the sweat.
So 100% is the cover contacts issue since I solder those holes(don’t ask me how lol) and the watch charge now, but is a very ugly operation(wont post pics) and possible it will scratch my hand…
So I need a new cover, anyone please?

OK I replaced the cover I found here: w w w . aliexpress . com/item/32965944702.html? in case someone what a replacement still while I opened the watch again I shorted the battery pins and some small chip on battery blowed…
Looks like I need a new battery or only that pcb which I doubt I will find separate but can’t find in any place.
Please help with a link for battery to buy, thanks!

1 Like