The Kospet PRIME Official post

I agree with some of that . Tinkering with these watches does make a great hobby. Saying that i go running with my prime , music and gps on and it makes a great sports watch . Pretty accurate :+1:
Couldnt do that a few years ago without bad results so progress is being made and still on a budget .

3 Likes

this post is about the Kospet Prime, mate. Your grumble about all full Android watches is therefore off topic. please use the section general. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,
I wounder if you remove the screen protector or leave it… I am aware that the screen isn’t gorilla glass so it might get scratched easily… Or not?

Screen is pretty tough so i wouldnt worry about this . If you leave protector on you eventually see bubbles etc .

2 Likes

I removed it the first day…

1 Like

I have removed all discussion from here about firmware updates.
If you want to talk about updating firm ware then go the correct thread.
This thread is about the watch itself - not how to update it.
I will move any firmware related posts to Kospet Prime Firmware thread
https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/kospet-prime-firmware/

6 Likes

Another app of this kind that can be useful for our Kospet is Gravity Screen. It has nice features like setting different angles to wake screen up. I just installed it, so I dont know about battery use though

PS. And it has one great feature - automatation possibility i.g. through Tasker. So you can make a shortcut with toggle to pause the service and to turn it on back :))

2 Likes

No I have the standard icons but I got a license for Nova, I don’t know if that gives me extra icons to choose from

Hi,
No extra icons with Nova Prime. Just extra functions, like swiping, gestures, hiding…
But you have many icons packs on Play Store. For me, I’m currently with MIUI 10 pack.

Hey! What type of widget/app are you using for the clock on the second screen? I’m using a kustom kwgt one on my main nova screen, but it always lags a second before updating the time and battery when waking up the screen. Even the standard clock app widget from android takes a second to update. Is there any that updates instantly, like the watchfaces do?

Hi,
I’m using “Nice Simple Clock” widget on Nova.
According to my experience with this kind of clock widgets, most of all lag a little bit on opening screen. Maximum 1 sec. On a watch, I mean.

Sorry I forgot the name and at the moment I’ve flashed the watch to the default settings, so I cannot look it up, but I remember that I also had 1 second lag before updating the display, and of course I’ve excluded the app from the battery optimizer

Hello everybody. I would like to ask experienced users here: Do you think that root access can have any negative impact on such things like GPS positioning, bluetooth connectivity or heart rate monitor precision? I rooted my Prime soon after the purchase and actually from the beginning I’ve been facing issues in above-mentioned departments… GPS sometimes get lost in obvious way, I have regular dropouts with bluetooth wireless headset (to be clear - no such issues with my smartphone), not mentioning HRM, which gives clearly wrong results during any activity… Currently I’m using latest 1.8 firmware and I did everything I could do to get rid of those issues (granting all permissions, disabling battery saver & optimizer etc.), with no luck at all. The only thing I can do more that crossed my mind is dropping root access. Do you think it is worth to clean flash latest firmware with no root? If that wouldn’t help, sadly I will consider selling Kospet… I’d be grateful for any insight on this matter. Cheers

Well you certainly shouldnt be having these problems with your prime . I for one have never rooted a watch as i cannot see the point . But to answer your question regarding rooting , yes you can mess up your watch if you dont know what your doing . If you can get it back to its original state that would be good

Thanks. Actually I think I know what I’m doing. I’ve never had any problem regarding rooting procedure, I never soft bricked my watch and anything like that. The watch is working fluently, it just seems that sensors and other hardware stuff don’t work as expected :face_with_raised_eyebrow: But ok, I’ll try reflash stock without root and see, since I’m running out of other ideas. Should I do it with latest 1.8 firmware?

Good to hear . Yes v1.8 is perfect when run on a clean watch . Thanks

ok, thank you! :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’ve had a Prime since last november, and I love the watch, but I was kind of disappointed about the lack of precision with the heart rate monitor, the bluetooth tethering, and I don’t think it has anything to do with rooting, I think it’s the hardware specs.
The gps has been more than acceptable in my experience, even if I have been abandoned by it a few times during my runs.

2 Likes

Clean flash done, but nothing has changed :persevere: Seems like I just had bad luck and got flawed copy.

Did you do a full reset after flash ?