The Kospet PRIME Official post

i personally love the round app menu compared to arc style, 5 swipes with efficient quick access.(depending on # of apps you have)

the arc style makes you swipe 10X more and you get sick of waiting till the scroll gets to the bottom just to access those last few apps.

I would have liked the round style had there not been that analog clock smack in the center; it looks ugly and that space could have been used to show more apps (no offense to the people who like it).

1 Like

If you need applications on the home screen, you can put a regular launcher

EDIT - This is fixed by flashing the firmware.

Unfortunately my prime watch seems buggy.
I just opened a case on Gearbest :

Dear sir/madame,

I have received the smartwatch.
Unfortunately the watch is useless, as the app page won’t launch (black screen). I can only get the watchface and notifications.
Reboot wont solve this and I cannot get acces to the settings menus to update the latest furmware/software.
Communication on Kospet’s part is poor and seems forever before they respond. Seems like either defective or firmware/software bugs.
I would like to get support on this matter or full refund or exchange it for a new one.
Sorry for bringing this matter, but I paid €150 and I would want a functional watch:)

Kind regards, Rudy

I’m sure it helps to flash the firmware.

1 Like

Did you have it working when it first arrived or was it like this out of the box on day 1?
Normally this problem starts after custom watch faces are installed and then deleted.
The easiest way to confirm and possibly fix the problem is to flash the firmware.
If you are willing to flash the firmware then I will give you a link so you can download it.
If not:

A few details please.
Can you email me details of what you have sent to Gearbest so far please?
Conversation screen shots, video and proof of purchase etc…
Gearbest will be dealing with you - not Kospet. Gearbest has a duty to provide after sales support but they are not easy to deal with.

If you can include your email address for contact so that I can try to help.

UPDATE!!!

It turns out that the watch was fine when it arrived. Problems started when apps and faces were installed and removed.
The launcher finally failed when switching between the good old Bubble and Arc style app drawer.

Firmware flash is going to fix it.
Just incase anyone else has any problem here is the firmware update without the bubble launcher.

5 Likes

I think there is confusion about this.
I was referring to the Bubble launcher, not the Round launcher with the clock face in the center.

It looks like this and to me at least looks like chaos. The more apps you have the worse it gets…

2 Likes

No ik that’s the bubble style app menu and I like it… I was replying to Mark2 about the round style cuz he said he liked it after I said that I like the bubble style better than the round one

just a positive remark, just for a change

my watch arrived correctly, no dust somewhere in the screen or at the bezel, OTA update worked fine, 4G connection works fine as well (Germany, Vodafone, that’s LTE band B7,B8,B20 or such).

Battery drain is rather heavy - but, well, I do habe a lot of apps installed, as I use it sort of a smartphone replacement at work, so there are things line Nine E-Mail, RocketChat, Watchdroid etc etc installed and used - which means WLAN + 4G are always on …

Started this morning 8:30 with t´some 83% battery and is now (14:00) down to 53%.

a yes, one bad thing: I could not get Universal Launcher to work properly - it does work, but I was not able to set the DPI value in a way that it fits the screen.

otherwise, it’s really good

UL works fine without having to play with DPI. Why do you have this need ?

1 Like

Unfortunately, rejecting notifications in Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s does not work.
In addition, there are double notifications on the watch.
Will it be fixed?

Goto settings - more - app settings - special access - notification access. Disable “watch”

1 Like

It did not help to reject notifications or duplicate notifications.

You are using WiiWatch app on your phone?

1 Like

Yes. I’m using WiiWatch 2.3.3 from google play.

UL works fine without having to play with DPI. Why do you have this need ?

Because all watchfaces (pre-installed and others) are displayed way too small, something like 3/4 of the display only, using the UL from Google PlayStore

Switch back to standard DPI value. Then goto skin preferences in the UL settings. Set scale value to 0% and save.

2 Likes

This has happened to me before and a reboot normally brings all back in order to correct size . Unless you have altered UL settings ?

Disable wiiwatch and install watchdroid. This is able to push all notifications to your watch without any issues. And it’s much more stable. If you do so, don’t forget to goto settings - more - backround Cleaner and disable watchdroid.
I’m using this watch since 5 days. And I’m using UL and watchdroid. Both are working perfectly on this watch.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Watchdroid correctly shows and rejects notifications.
What is the universal launcher useful for?
Is it possible to set always display time?