The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

Its scheduled to come in today before 3 as well. I can smell it…lol.

@asasbeats Lol have you even looked at the prime forums yet? All devices have issues but with this, at least for me, I love to be on the on the cutting edge of the stuff that I care about. The camera placements are awesome yes, but not because I’m a photofile and I’ll be demanding impromptu photoshoots at every opportunity, it’s because if I wanted to take a photo from my watch I can without doing too many crazy/obvious movements LOL. If I wanted to.

Really the choice is up to you on which watch ticks the most boxes for you. Jason has just taken it upon himself to offer a similar product with more logical camera placements.

While you all may have more experience than me with full Android watches, I have suffered through a FEW wearos experiences and I can tell you that after swiping through apps on the Genesis, Google will have a hard time bringing me back

3 Likes

@Antonio_Myers
Hey thanks for ur reply
I just want too mention that theres a lot
Battery complains what i read about genesis just being honest i dont see that many issues with the kospet prime its seem more reliable

Idk men i cant choose now genesis or kospet prime…and about the camera its not necessary on the side on the genesis how far is your genesis you enjoy it and how long you own it

1 Like

@Asasbeats To be honest this is only my second day using it. I did have an issue with sweat getting into the sim compartment, but if I’d thoroughly searched this thread beforehand, I could’ve avoided that with tape for now.

Otherwise, these are my battery stats from today. I only charged it in my truck on the way home

Hello Kronos. I just got my watch 2 days ago and suddenly dimmed almost no backlight at 27% battery yet. Itried to charge back but nothing worked. I know there is a display
when I put the watch under bright light.

The touch screen also stopped working . The buttons still working.
Maybe the watch need reset. Is there anyway to soft or hard reset the
watch?

The tethering to WiiWatch 2 is still working but I cannot access any
of the settings on the watch as the touch display stoppped.

I was afle to do a factory reset after fully draining the battery, charged and turned on again. The touch screen worked again but not the backlight.

Hear you soon.

1 Like

@easylink Please follow the instructions at the top of this thread and flash your firmware using a Windows laptop or PC…
It sounds like a hardware fault but you should give this a try anyway.

@Asasbeats Well maybe the choice is made for you.
The Genesis is currently sold out I believe.
Have a look on the Kronos Blade website for information.

1 Like

When you say the backlight is not working? How have you tried to adjust it. You have three possible adjustment options. Back Button press and hold, on screen adjustment on the options icon screen and in the Settings app under display. Have you tried all of them?

Hello Pablo11, I successfully flashed the unit as you instructed but unfortunately the backlight still is not working. All the rest are working fine including the tethering to Wiiwatch2. I have trouble reading as the texts are no longer displayed completely. I just adjusted it to 136% bigger. Colors are not properly displayed too especially the “green” shades. Anything more we can do? Thanks!

Yes Jonathan.All brightness adjustment done. Now at 100% brightness. The letters in a word are not entirely visible also, so I adjusted it to bigger size 136% using the “BIG FONT” built-in application. I just finished flashing successfully as per Pablo11 instructions but its all the same. Thin dark colors in the display no longer visible, so I cannot used anymore analog dials. I just content myself now with high contrast digital displays. Thanks!

Well, you it sounds like you gave it a good try.
I really did not think that flashing was going to fix this kind of problem…
This sounds like the screen has a hardware problem.
I am sorry that we could not help you further… :confused:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help! Do you know how we can possibly get a replacement for the item from Kronos? Is there any link we can use aside from the email adds used in ordering? Thanks!

This is my first android OS watch. Does anyone know how to send a photo from my watch to my phone? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yes use Bluetooth

Bluetooth Explorer is good.
The WiiWatch 2 app has a file transfer component as well.
Apps like FX Explorer from the play store have BT transfer built in as well.

If you want to transfer watch faces then one of our members created an app specifically for this.

1 Like

You need to talk to Jason about that.
Visit his website or have a look up above in this thread because I posted his email address.

Hi Pablo,.
Small problem perhaps you can help.
I am no longer able to adjust brightness with all 3 ways, (back button hold) display in setttings, and dropdown icons,.,

Any ideas??

Factory reset. Look under the categories for the Genesis. There are several posts that addresses this issue. It is possible that an app or apps may be causing this which is what happened with my Genesis. For example several people have had an issue with Vysor app and the brightness stopping working.
Here is the link to that page.
Brightness issue

3 Likes

Thanks. I reset and all is well. now I have to reinstall apps. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I learn this technique from Mr. Ticks and it sure simplifies having to re-install apps when you have to do a or multiple factory resets. I download the apps i’m going to use to my phone. Use App Backup and Restore App make a backup. Connect my phone to the computer and download the apps from my phone. Put them in a file on my computer. I now have a copy on my computer which I can also use on all my watches. Connect the watch create a folder in File folder called Apps. Now you can install the apps from this file. After a factory reset load all your folders back onto the watch and re-install apps from folder. If you load App Backup and restore on your watch, when you update an app, you can keep a backup of that update on your watch to use for future installs. You can also store apps in the folder, from you phone that you may not be using but may want to try and can install them at any time from the folder.

2 Likes