The Genesis - from Kronos Blade

You need to ask this in the UL thread
.I’m fairly sure it’s not difficult to fix.

ok, thanks Pablo

Switch to round mode. Then reboot your watch

3 Likes

Ok… Today my first try too run with the watch. After 40min it stopped and now it won’t start up again. Also there is moisture from my sweat I think in the cams

What to do? Hé isn’t working anymore after three days!

@G1NT0N1C
yes, that was it. Thanks very much !!

Its hard for us to determine how wet this has got ? It may simply dry out and re-boot . Was it raining also ? I am puzzled to how you got moisture in the camera . When you connect to charger - pc is there any sound at all . Try pressing and holding both buttons until reboot .

Flashing the firmware if required usually fixes most issues

First I would open the SIM tray and put the watch in a bowl with rice. This pulls the moisture out of the watch. I personally would wait 48 hours before trying to start the watch.
Just out of curiosity: did you have a SIM card installed?

1 Like

Another option would be to place it in direct sunlight with the sim door off and let the heat dry it out. Its what I use to do to electronics on my boat when they got wet. Another option is to put it in an oven at low temp to dry it out also a hair drier would work just don’t let it get too hot.

Also I would want to know when you removed the Sim Cover was their moisture present. I would think it would take a lot of moisture to get into the camera, since it doesn’t have an opening???

1 Like

I just was running in the sun, no rain only my sweat. I Will lay it in the sun and hope for the best. No moisture in the sim card.
The hard double button reset is not working…had it for 2hours on the charger, but nothing is happening…damn!

Okay . Keep us updated :+1:

i would advice to all of you if you use the watch for sport activity tape the sim cover for extra protection i had the HOPE b4 and had the same problem . i wont use The genesis for my sport activities still got my old Samsung gear S3 which is still outperforming many watches

The Genesis will be my daily driver for phone calls, social media and spotify dont want a chunky phone on me anymore

A word of advice. When any electronics gets wet you want to remove the batteries if possible or next best turn it off. Never power it on or charge while wet. Wait until it is completely dry. Water inside a device most likely will provide continuity between connections that could cause a short and fry circuts.

2 Likes

It’s still very weird that just running and sweat make this watch not working anymore! Hopefully it will work tomorrow after the moisture had gone.

I still have my Samsung Gear S (2014) with curved OLED screen and sim card tray and can go swimming with it no problem,. Probably the BEST design of any Smartwatch , too bad they didn’t update the internals.

2 Likes

I feel like that would be the best design, to have a SIM tray similar to a phone. A lot of phones now are maybe not waterproof but at least water-resistant.

I did it
Like Mr Smartwatch Ticks told in the video

Yep, place it carefully in a bag of dry rice and leave it in a warm place… Not too warm but some where it’s going to stay slightly warm.

Do NOT try to flash firmware at all.

If it dries out and comes back up, great.
If not then sadly it’s going to have to be dealt with some other way which probably means returning it.

1 Like

Are you using a Sim card?
If you are there should be a little rubber gasket around the Sim cover.
Is this little gasket still in place on the watch?

1 Like

I don’t have my Genesis yet, but I am following these posts closely. I have had issues in the past with corroding sim cards in my Zeblaze watches as I presume sweat gets into the sim compartment. I just read that there is supposedly a rubber gasket around the sim lid or compartment of the Genesis. Is this correct? I really hope so. It would be very disappointing if there is supposed to be one but the manufacturer cuts a corner and neglects to include it. I have wondered if I would need to tape up the lid to prevent moisture getting in.