Testing possibilities

Ok…not having the KW88 myself yet :-[

,and so just flying blind like watch-andrew

, tried to figure out whether we’re able to show some things more than just the 3 hands with our APK trick.
I just went and took a clockface as clean as possible and put them in our decompiled folder.(watch-andrew came up with this idea)

I wanted it to be as clean as possible so I could make all that we have in our directory Values in bools.xml set to true.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

true

true

true

true

true

Clean face test link  I ask you KW88 owners to install this APK and tell me (picture please) how this turned out.

As shown above all we heave is set to true its my hope it shows on the KW88
If that is the case we now at least know its possible and just have to figure out what the line is for the battery, weather,wi-fi etc etc.
For instance –true  ??

So we can add it and watch what happens then.

Its the only way for me at this point to try and use our apk method to get more done without having to dive into Java .

And who knows this turns out to be a beautiful CF too

Thank you  …still got a long way to go I see.

Sept 15, 2016 13:10:43 GMT 1 Martin said:
  Thank you  ...still got a long way to go I see.

Hi Martin...

I wonder why there are two face files (img_dial and img_dial_2) in the apk file?

There are three lines that relate to the date… colour, size and position… I wonder what would happen if extra lines were added that related to week (or month) ie week_color, week_fontsize and int_week_position?

I guess that other xml bits would also need to be added in the “Values” folder…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-

Andrew. Interesting thing. When I choose the watch face every new uploaded apk has a wrong preview. Only Micky Mouse is Ok. Maybe this is a something different in xml ?

Sept 15, 2016 22:59:33 GMT 1 zimer said:
Andrew. Interesting thing. When I choose the watch face every new uploaded apk has a wrong preview. Only Micky Mouse is Ok. Maybe this is a something different in xml ?

It's been documented (as a bug) that after the first downloaded apk clockface, the subsequent apk files are in reverse order...

That’s right …also not everyone has that bug , has something to do with what firmware you’re on.
Don’t know where I read that …here or on the other side

watch-andrew

…wow …lotta info.

Don’t forget I’m just a noob here trying to improve myself.
My watch (track & trace ) is in the country now so I expect it to arrive in a few days , with a little luck even this week.
Its a lot easier counting stars under the sky then it is on the phone …Eh …don’t know where that came from but it does explain a bit us flying blind.
Also when I do try its probable going to be some watchface I found somewhere I don’t even know any more where I found it (collected/scraped watchfaces from all over the internet)
and more importantly …can’t give credit to its maker.
That limits the possibilities …there are faces that have a better position for our date position

but I can’t us them.
But I can with my own watch …eventually.

However …as you could see here I tried to figure out if it had any effect what was in the value folder in bools.xml if I changed anything so I went and set all to true.
This resulted in the three hands and (as in the beginning) the date (being red).
The other being set to true had no effect …or at least the effect they might have didn’t show on the screen.
That being :

digit_clock ,month_dial and week_dial.

So you maybe right as it seems it needs some lines somewhere else too.

But that for me was the moment I thought I better wait for the watch and then try to “look inside” if I could somehow extract a watch that’s on there to learn how its build or rather …how its telling the watch where to put everything.
With a little luck I don’t have to learn Java but can just with my common sense and a little luck ( and help) figure out quit ease the rules these watch faces follow.
Can’t be differing that much from say Finow x5 I guess.

RASC Moderators

is going to try to help us out. See >>  Our discussion on the other side link
I think he can do more in a weekend then I can in a few months

I went CRAZY !!!

Now lookie what we got here

Looks deceive…playing around with the png’s here .tried to figure out why 2 dials png’s…static picture behind the clock face…had me for a minute

akhileshjj AvatarSept 15, 2016 12:40:00 GMT 1 akhileshjj said:

Where can i download that?

thank you!!

Sept 25, 2016 15:11:14 GMT 1 rimasi98 said:
akhileshjj AvatarSept 15, 2016 12:40:00 GMT 1 akhileshjj said:

thank you!!

Check post no1 from scorpio in ghis thread…

Sept 25, 2016 15:11:14 GMT 1 rimasi98 said:

thank you!!

Check post no1 from scorpio in ghis thread…

Yes now i see… But there’s no battery % as shown on the post … It’s only 1 apk right?

BTW it’s a really nice watchFace