Taishou clock face

Hi all,

is there any way to switch off the so called “Taishou” screen? I mean, DM368, I3, LF16 and so on have all this ugly clock face which goes on on wrist gesture, and there is no way to turn it off, so that the current clock skin would go on instead. I know, that it’s possible with the “universal launcher” from Eric, but I’m currently looking for another solution. Thanks!

It’s embedded in the system launcher, hoping in a new version they will allow to change this to have the normal skin to be shown, but for the moment you can’t.

Jul 3, 2017 16:19:25 GMT 1 ricktop said:
It's embedded in the system launcher, hoping in a new version they will allow to change this to have the normal skin to be shown, but for the moment you can't.

Yes, I know that it's part of the stock launcher, but I dont't believe that there is no way to solve this issue, either as config hack (maybe on rooted devices) or as a small app which would intercept the wrist gesture and immediately replace the skin or ... smth else.

What you need is to disable the gesture and find an App that will do the gesture wake up feature. Look in the forum it exists somewhere… But it sucks battery life…

IIRC someone here mentioned that latest Thor or Les1 firmware (V9 in the name) shows watchface instead of that digital thingie. If I get hold of that firmware I might check it out (previous Les1/Thor firmwares worked ok on my KW88 and I remember that yawa had flashed KW88 firmware on his DM so Les1/Thor firmware should work also)

Is correct the latest thor firmware Z10-KY-V09-20170615 shows the wachtface.

Jul 4, 2017 15:53:06 GMT 1 nameless said:
IIRC someone here mentioned that latest Thor or Les1 firmware (V9 in the name) shows watchface instead of that digital thingie. If I get hold of that firmware I might check it out (previous Les1/Thor firmwares worked ok on my KW88 and I remember that yawa had flashed KW88 firmware on his DM so Les1/Thor firmware should work also)

I would appreciate if you could give me the link to that FW. Not sure whether I can install it on DM358, but I could try. No, I didn't flash KW88 on it, and I remember that someone said, it wouldn't work, because of the 180 grad opposite orientation. I've tried HEHUI FW's for LF16 and I3 / I4 before on mmy DM368 - they work perfect. Thanks!

yawa
for firmware link you should talk to pablo11 (or moderators) or wait till firmware repo comes back online. I only saw info on this forums.
This rotated orientation is easily fixable (you need to edit one line in build.prop file in the root of system.img). I had I4, Les1 and Thor firmwares on my KW88 and the all work perfectly.
If I get hold of that V9 firmware I’ll let you know (and probably flash on my KW88 )

I will be getting things back to normal soon.
I have been busy looking after my family after a very difficult time. Hopefully I will sort this out by the weekend at the latest.
Cheers

Jul 5, 2017 10:53:49 GMT 1 yawa said:
Jul 4, 2017 15:53:06 GMT 1 nameless said:
IIRC someone here mentioned that latest Thor or Les1 firmware (V9 in the name) shows watchface instead of that digital thingie. If I get hold of that firmware I might check it out (previous Les1/Thor firmwares worked ok on my KW88 and I remember that yawa

had flashed KW88 firmware on his DM so Les1/Thor firmware should work also)

I would appreciate if you could give me the link to that FW. Not sure whether I can install it on DM358, but I could try. No, I didn’t flash KW88 on it, and I remember that someone said, it wouldn’t work, because of the 180 grad opposite orientation. I’ve tried HEHUI FW’s for LF16 and I3 / I4 before on mmy DM368 - they work perfect. Thanks!

The LES1 or THOR FW will be turned upside down (180 Degree) on a HEHUI Display. Tested it as I have a DM368 and LES1.

CableLeecher yes and I3/I4 will be rotated 180 degree on KW88. As I said it’s easily fixable. Edit build.prop and change from

ro.sf.hwrotation=180

to

ro.sf.hwrotation=0

(KW/Les1/Thor use 180 - other use 0)

Jul 5, 2017 14:16:36 GMT 1 CableLeecher said:
Jul 5, 2017 10:53:49 GMT 1 yawa said:
I would appreciate if you could give me the link to that FW. Not sure whether I can install it on DM358, but I could try. No, I didn't flash KW88 on it, and I remember that someone said, it wouldn't work, because of the 180 grad opposite orientation. I've tried HEHUI FW's for LF16 and I3 / I4 before on mmy DM368 - they work perfect. Thanks!

The LES1 or THOR FW will be turned upside down (180 Degree) on a HEHUI Display. Tested it as I have a DM368 and LES1.

It would be awesome if LES1 latest FW on my DM368 (if fw site is up). But will not the 16gb rom size will be a problem as i installed IQI I4 FW on my watch and it could not boot, changed to IQI I3 and it worked perfect.

Can somebody share a list of FW which can work interchangeably on DM368.
Thanks

Jul 5, 2017 14:38:50 GMT 1 nameless said:CableLeecher

yes and I3/I4 will be rotated 180 degree on KW88. As I said it’s easily fixable. Edit build.prop and change from

ro.sf.hwrotation=180

to

ro.sf.hwrotation=0

(KW/Les1/Thor use 180 - other use 0)

Is there any way of changing it before flashing, or only through root access.

On Linux it’s like couple of minutes. Surely it can be done on Windows too but I don’t know how as I don’t use it

Jul 5, 2017 17:48:00 GMT 1 firefoot007 said:
Jul 5, 2017 14:16:36 GMT 1 CableLeecher said:

It would be awesome if LES1 latest FW on my DM368 (if fw site is up). But will not the 16gb rom size will be a problem as i installed IQI I4 FW on my watch and it could not boot, changed to IQI I3 and it worked perfect.

Thanks

It might become a quite complicated matrix because of the different HW on several watches Actually I’m running I4 FW, build AQR-LAUNCH-I4-HEHUI-V04-20170425 on my DM368 and it works very well.

Jul 6, 2017 9:34:08 GMT 1 yawa said:
Jul 5, 2017 17:48:00 GMT 1 firefoot007 said:

Thanks

It might become a quite complicated matrix because of the different HW on several watches

Actually I’m running I4 FW, build AQR-LAUNCH-I4-HEHUI-V04-20170425 on my DM368 and it works very well.

Idk why then the May ver of IQI I4 FW did not work on my DM368. I think 16gb watches FW will not work on 8Gb or 4Gb watches. Maybe some can confirm?

Storage size is not a problem (same goes with RAM size). It’s not like you need brand new Windows/Linux cause you upgraded HDD or added RAM in your computer, right?
(I’ve got KW88 with 512MB RAM and 4GB storage and I had I4 on it for like a week - personally I think that I4 is visually the beauty one).

New IQI,Zeblaze, KW and DM use common hardware (including HEHUI display) but to be on a safe side if using soft from different brand flash only system.img (cache and userdata are in fact empty inside so they are safe too - those 2 will effectively perform “factory reset”).
If pablo11 and other mods have nothing against I can share images with edited build.prop.

DO NOT EVER FLASH PRELOADER.

ps.
As a side note one of my private linux boxes was originally installed in 2002 or 2003. In the meantime at least 4 times I’ve changed hardware completely (mobo, cpu, hdd etc). Not all at once but that box evolved in time. And I’ve never reinstalled OS there.

Jul 6, 2017 13:39:09 GMT 1 nameless said:
Storage size is not a problem (same goes with RAM size). It's not like you need brand new Windows/Linux cause you upgraded HDD or added RAM in your computer, right?

(I’ve got KW88 with 512MB RAM and 4GB storage and I had I4 on it for like a week - personally I think that I4 is visually the beauty one).

New IQI,Zeblaze, KW and DM use common hardware (including HEHUI display) but to be on a safe side if using soft from different brand flash only system.img (cache and userdata are in fact empty inside so they are safe too - those 2 will effectively perform “factory reset”).
If pablo11 and other mods have nothing against I can share images with edited build.prop.

ps.
As a side note one of my private linux boxes was originally installed in 2002 or 2003. In the meantime at least 4 times I’ve changed hardware completely (mobo, cpu, hdd etc). Not all at once but that box evolved in time. And I’ve never reinstalled OS there.

Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to different rom sizes because the end and begin address of I3 and DM368 FW were different so i thought it may be a problem.

Why do you not recommend flashing Preloader?
I flashed all preloader, ik , boot, recovery, … but i dont think something bad happened so why warn against it? 
Do you have latest image with removed digital face?

Jul 6, 2017 16:06:23 GMT 1 firefoot007 said:
Jul 6, 2017 13:39:09 GMT 1 nameless said:
Storage size is not a problem (same goes with RAM size). It's not like you need brand new Windows/Linux cause you upgraded HDD or added RAM in your computer, right?

If pablo11

and other mods have nothing against I can share images with edited build.prop.

ps.

Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to different rom sizes because the end and begin address of I3 and DM368 FW were different so i thought it may be a problem.

Why do you not recommend flashing Preloader?
I flashed all preloader, ik , boot, recovery, … but i dont think something bad happened so why warn against it? 
Do you have latest image with removed digital face?

Several monthes ago I’ve found this step-by-step “how to” and used it every time for flashing FW’s - perfect: androidmtk.com/flash-stock-rom-using-smart-phone-flash-tool 

Ha ha ha, yes. Storage IS a problem.
If you flash 16 gb firmware onto an 8gb watch it won’t boot - if you flash the lk.bin & pre-loader.
So be a little careful with general statements…