Tag Heuer Red - I would like your input

I design my hands with embossing and drop shadows in PhotoShop, I have NOT created dynamic shadows. Do you think they would benefit using dynamic shadows? Personally, I believe they are indistinguishable on the 1 3/4" dial of a smartwatch.

clock_skin_model

CREDIT: TagHeuer.com

4 Likes

Well, if you ask so directly - I think that it is details (such as the correct shadow cast) that make a dial look real. But you have already emphasized several times that you are not interested in such details.

3 Likes

I understand from your perspective, as an extremely talented watchmaker, that dynamic shadows are important.

What I wish to know is what the typical forum member thinks.

No need to scream. Does my opinion not count just because it differs from your opinion?
Or would you like to limit the number of participants in your survey to get the desired result?

2 Likes

Of course your opinion counts, but no all forum members are as demanding. So I repeat: what do typical forum member think?

Once again: stop screaming…

Only my bluetooth streams…

I use bold to gain attention which is my right

if I can say my opinion, not so important because real shadow depend on the real light and of course not feasible here. So just a shadow make it as real as possible. But it’s just my opinion… :wink:

Thank you for your astute response, JJ.

I raised this issue because some feel dynamic shadows are needed, when indeed - as you point out - real light is not feasible on our skins.

1 Like

In my opinion, if it matters, it all boils down to quality and accuracy versus quantity in what you create. If you prefer the latter, there is no need for dynamic shadows. By the way, nice face.

1 Like

Thanks Vlad, to be honest I don’t even know how to create a dynamic shadow. If I did know how, the time required would probably be incidental.

Well, you’ve asked me several times how it works. I’ve just explained it so many times. I even created a video tutorial for you once:

-How to spice up your hands- the easy way

But as I said, you don’t have to use it if you don’t think it’s necessary.

1 Like

Thanks, in the past all you said it’s a couple of minutes in wfd"…

I don’t normally talk publicly about things discussed via PM.
But the last time I explained it to you when you asked was on August 3rd of this year:

1 Like

I guess you’ll have to write it off to my faulty memory at age 84 a lot of us have a bit of dementia

I do not have a problem with that. I have a problem when I’m accused of telling untruths.

1 Like