Straps

Ok, lets talk about the straps. I know it’s a three thread subject, but…stated the quality of w1 straps I think it’s almost impossible their life will be long.

Looking at all the videos it seems that there are a pass through lug in which antennas are. My question is: from that lug start some wire through the “leather” band? Or wires are only through the lug, or the lug is the antenna?

Btw. Today I will buy a butterfly clamp to maximize straps life length.

Nov 26, 2017 8:19:03 GMT 1 davefraud said:
Ok, lets talk about the straps. I know it’s a three thread subject, but...stated the quality of w1 straps I think it’s almost impossible their life will be long.

Looking at all the videos it seems that there are a pass through lug in which antennas are. My question is: from that lug start some wire through the “leather” band? Or wires are only through the lug, or the lug is the antenna?

i'm not sure i understood what is lug but the antennas are located at hte apper of the straps where they connect to the watch and from where the pins that holds the straps to the watch they come out and go throuhg the watch, it is'nt an easy job to do and replace the straps even if you can find new straps or the antennas, only few can do that and most of us do'nt, i think with the wk99 and the kw98 it will be much easier to replace cos the straps are'nt glued to the watch as most watches. also today you can find watches that comes with removeable straps as the H1 and the new lemfo lem6 but still not much info about the quality of the gps, wifi and 3g that way.

Nov 26, 2017 9:30:56 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Ok, lets talk about the straps. I know it’s a three thread subject, but…stated the quality of w1 straps I think it’s almost impossible their life will be long.

i'm not sure i understood what is lug but the antennas are located at hte apper of the straps where they connect to the watch and from where the pins that holds the straps to the watch they come out and go throuhg the watch, it is'nt an easy job to do and replace the straps even if you can find new straps or the antennas, only few can do that and most of us do'nt, i think with the wk99 and the kw98 it will be much easier to replace cos the straps are'nt glued to the watch as most watches. also today you can find watches that comes with removeable straps as the H1 and the new lemfo lem6 but still not much info about the quality of the gps, wifi and 3g that way.

The lug is the name of the pin that connect the straps to the watch :wink:. My question is if this pin can slide through the strap or there is a wire running from the pin down inside the leather strap. If it’s not the case, and the pin is free to come out, I’m for sure able to change the straps preserving my antennas.

Nov 26, 2017 11:02:30 GMT 1 davefraud said:

Nov 26, 2017 9:30:56 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
i’m not sure i understood what is lug but the antennas are located at hte apper of the straps where they connect to the watch and from where the pins that holds the straps to the watch they come out and go throuhg the watch, it is’nt an easy job to do and replace the straps even if you can find new straps or the antennas, only few can do that and most of us do’nt, i think with the wk99 and the kw98 it will be much easier to replace cos the straps are’nt glued to the watch as most watches. also today you can find watches that comes with removeable straps as the H1 and the new lemfo lem6 but still not much info about the quality of the gps, wifi and 3g that way.

The lug is the name of the pin that connect the straps to the watch :wink:. My question is if this pin can slide through the strap or there is a wire running from the pin down inside the leather strap. If it’s not the case, and the pin is free to come out, I’m for sure able to change the straps preserving my antennas.

every watch that i tried to fix now rest in peace  i now know that it is’nt as easy as it seams, i think seb84 can answer that and for sure pablo11 but still only really few can do that without damaging the watch 

Nov 26, 2017 14:33:12 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 26, 2017 11:02:30 GMT 1 davefraud said:

every watch that i tried to fix now rest in peace  i now know that it is’nt as easy as it seams, i think seb84 can answer that and for sure pablo11 but still only really few can do that without damaging the watch 

So there is a component inside the band itself…

davefraud , i think this video shows that you can’t replace damaged straps but damaged antennas you might cos the video shows that when you try to replace the straps the antennas get damaged. till now of all my watches only the x3+ had issues with the straps and i workout alot with the watches and never had these kind of problems, corrosion is more a problem for me cos it happened to me with each watch even with the great H2:/

Hi!

Sincerely, The manufacturer Allcall or Kingwear, do not intend to sell the strap? I have written to Allcall by email and they have replied that they do not sell the strap.

As I said in another thread, the kw88 has a strap for sale. Could a Chinese manufacturer sell it in the future?

Nov 28, 2017 16:28:23 GMT 1 morenocos said:
Hi!

Sincerely, The manufacturer Allcall or Kingwear, do not intend to sell the strap? I have written to Allcall by email and they have replied that they do not sell the strap.

As I said in another thread, the kw88 has a strap for sale. Could a Chinese manufacturer sell it in the future?

most likely they do’nt sell it because the average person wo’nt know how to replace without damaging the watch or cables. the straps are glued and not easy to remove. 

Ok, lets talk about the straps. I know it’s a three thread subject, but...stated the quality of w1 straps I think it’s almost impossible their life will be long.

Hi friend!

One question please: Which is the size (width & gap ) butterfly clamp ? 20mm 22mm ?

Thank you very much

Nov 29, 2017 11:03:46 GMT 1 morenocos said:

Hi friend!

One question please: Which is the size (width & gap ) butterfly clamp ? 20mm 22mm ?

Thank you very much

For AllCall w1 22mm

Nov 30, 2017 0:15:57 GMT 1 berserkmir said:
Nov 29, 2017 11:03:46 GMT 1 morenocos said:
Hi friend!

Thank you very much

For AllCall w1 22mm

Thank you very much friend!

I have bought this item:

www.ebay.es/itm/Sprung-buckle-safety-button-clasp-leather-straps-18mm-20mm-22mm-NEW-deployment/190797625269?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=490132699399&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

From China are very most cheap, but the shippment very slow