sp flash tool needed

hey first time flashing my kw88 and not sure which flash tool to use. went to spflashtool.com/download/ and not sure which to get. im runnin linux mint if it makes any difference. please help. any kinda walk through would be great since its my first time.

Nov 7, 2018 22:50:58 GMT 1 thatguywilliam said:
hey first time flashing my kw88 and not sure which flash tool to use. went to spflashtool.com/download/ and not sure which to get. im runnin linux mint if it makes any difference. please help. any kinda walk through would be great since its my first time.

download the latest one.

use upgrade and not download only.

Nov 8, 2018 4:37:54 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 7, 2018 22:50:58 GMT 1 thatguywilliam said:

download the latest one.

use upgrade and not download only.

i tried downloading it but cant get it to open

You need to extract it first

i dont think its that easy when using linux. it ask me tochoose a program to open it with

everything has worked so far but have tried what i thought was the latest but it just says the scatter file is invalid…using KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20171111

Nov 11, 2018 2:57:54 GMT 1 thatguywilliam said:
everything has worked so far but have tried what i thought was the latest but it just says the scatter file is invalid.....using KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20171111

you have't extract the file, use 7zip to extract something to do with win10 i also can't extract files only with 7zip.

i have extracted it. and im running p7-zip for linux and still getting the same results

am i supposed to be extracting it from the vcom or the firmware itself. i dont see any file saying win10

Nov 11, 2018 4:08:13 GMT 1 thatguywilliam said:
am i supposed to be extracting it from the vcom or the firmware itself. i dont see any file saying win10

no, you did'nt if you did you would have seen it on the sp f.tool. how do you know that you extract it? did you use any software to do so?