So the KW88 arrived today. After unpacking it, my first impression was very positive.

So the KW88 arrived today. After unpacking it, my first impression was very positive. Watch has some weight to it and it doesn’t feel cheap. Feels very nice on the wrist as well(and i am not a big guy, 65kg). i do have it on the charging dock and am wondering if its charging or not because nothing is showing up on the screen (as any cell phone does even when its powered off). Is is supposed to show something? I do know that there have been some issues with the battery draining suddenly, and i know that many guys here are working with the manufacturer to find solutions, but i has curious to ask if there have been any further updates? Also, any further updates regarding the latest and greatest firmware? Im sure that when the fun stuff (watch face swapping functions) gets resolved that will be posted here as well. Any news on anything regarding these watches is greatly appreciated. you guys are great!

Great - like to hear about your battery life if possible :slight_smile:

So, it wasn’t showing anything because it wasn’t connected well. So far is at 100% and it didn’t go back around to 1% after it was full. That was my first charge. Will update as days go by

So, it wasn’t showing anything because it wasn’t connected well. So far is at 100% and it didn’t go back around to 1% after it was full. That was my first charge. Will update as days go by

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 I’ve had my Kw88 in power saving mode since yesterday around 1pm and the battery is now sitting at 57% so getting a lot of time from this mode. I’d say I could probably almost manage two full days without charging at this rate.

Silly question but I have a Finow X5 and was wondering if the power saving mode is similar to putting the watch into airplane mode?

@Andrew_Gittens not quite - no.
Airplane mode cuts off all radio even if you try to make a call etc
Power saving allows you to use wifi and phone but cuts off all the data sync services and puts other services to sleep.

@C_For yep - not surprising really. In power save mode the watch is almost completely asleep as far as “smarts” go.

ok, so after turning off all the wifi, bluetooth and other connectivity processes the watch has been holding battery power very well. in 12 hours it dropped about 2%. I must admit that when i was playing around with it, it dropped from 100% to 75% within 10 minutes of consecutive use. I do understand that they are “smartwatches” but it seems that when you play around with it and try to make it a smartwatch, it kills the battery. When its used as just a watch, it looks like it will do well on battery. We shall see in the coming days.

First time today I have taken my watch out to work with me
Unplugged my X5 at 5.55am and left it in Airplane mode but had Bluetooth on as it was connected to my Note 4 using SWApp Link.
Looked at a few times during the day to check the time and also received messages on my phone that showed up on my watch that I responded to using the watch. Using SWApp link On both the watch and phone I would check every now and then to make sure that they were still and if not I would connect them( think in reconnected once ) .It’s now 19.56 and I still have 44% left so not a bad day. Will try the power saving mode tomorrow to see if it’s any different.

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 thanks for making that clear

16 hours 20mins in on power saving mode battery down to 65% so not bad

Power saving mode seems to be working great but on normal mode my watch was just sitting at 78% and next time I checked it, it was dead (an hour later). Not sure how that can happen or if there is an issue with the read out from the battery but it wouldn’t restart. Charging now and showing 4%. Very weird.

Soory i should have put in my last post the battery was at 64% not 44%. This morning when I looked at it was on 60% which makes me think it must have been the pedometer that was draining the battery as I didn’t wear it in bed but I do a lot of walking at work. I’m about to leave for work now at 7.43am and the battery is on 54% + still running power saving so we shall see how long it lasts.
Just a side note I did force stop Play Store as this was showing 40% of the usage.

@Andrew_Gittens just to be clear here - this discussion is about the Android 5.1 Sinsoft launcher MTK 6580 watches (I2,KW88,S99, Blitz etc). However it’s somewhat useful to compare your X5 battery results with these watches.

@C_For
yes - there is definitely something not quite right about the KW88 power management !!

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 thanks for letting me know

After 38 hours the battery is at 27%. I must say that it is doing very well. The only thing I noticed is that the battery drains very fast when continuously using it. Screen is on mid brightness. I think that’s what may be the culprit, can’t handle the power when screen is continuously on. Current outcome, when used just as a watch it does well.

48 hours, 6% was left, watch went into power saving mode by its self. So far its serving its purpose for me(just a watch). Now all we need are some watch facing apps to make it look like the tag :slight_smile:

@Manny_M do you have anything enabled for comms? Like WiFi or sim card ?
If not it will last for a long time as long as screen - on time is very little. Screen drinks the power and so does any of the smarts including pedometer and wrist flick to wake.