SIM card for Lemfo LEM 14 Pro

I live in the United States and I recently purchased an LEM 14 pro. What kind of SIM card is needed for this watch? I am currently hooked up with tmobile. Does it require a SIM card for a smart watch or a phone SIM card? I went into the Tmobile store and they tried various SIM cards and they did not work. Wondering if they did something wrong when installing them. Appreciate the help.

You can use a mobile phone sim . However carriers vary . Read this post

Thanks

Thank you for that I will look into getting one. One more question I know the watch will have a separate phone number than my phone, can you connect them together do that I will still get the same texts and calls from my phone? And how do you do that?

Most people use this

Its brilliant but bluetooth calling is not possible on these watches .

Pair the watch normally with phone ( dont use qr code )

Make sure in watch , Watchdroid is turned off so its NOT optimized and also has UNLIMITED data access . If you dont it wont run in the background

Thanks

2 Likes

It may be possible to get a duplicate SIM card from your cellphone provider with the same number on the cellphone AND the watch, but you will only be able to use one device at a time. Ask your cell phone provider if it’s possible. They can also provide information about call and text forwarding from your cellphone to your watch if you use two different numbers. Also the watch uses the same type of nano SIM card as a cellphone.

While i have not used any of the Android 10 watches, I have used the Kospet Prime (Android 7.1.1) and what I found is it’s most cost effective to use a Prepaid plan on either TMo or AT&T network here in the States. I have personally used SpeedTalk (TMo MVNO) and Freedompop (both the current “Freemium” and the old VOIP on the ATT network) . I have also used the TMO $15 connect plan as a test with no issues at all. Whichever network you use, it will see the device as a phone so my advice is to use the cheapest plan that meets your needs.

As far as using your phone’s number with the watch, I know of no company in the States that offer duplicate sims. The carriers here prefer to offer duplicate sim information via esim through their backoffice (OneNumber, NumberShare or Digits) and only on Postpaid accounts. IMHO, we are severely behind the rest of the world in this regard. That said, I have used my prime as my stand alone device for voice/text and just move my sim when needed. I have tried Watch Droid and it is a definite favorite in these forums but for me my goal was not to have my phone with me at all and Watch Droid, like WiiWatch or even WearOs, assumes you phone is near by.

If you want to use your CID for voice and text, I would strongly recommend using GoogleVoice (GV). You may have to port your number to GV but then it won’t matter what device you use as your main number, now on GV, can forward both voice and text to your current device. This method also allows you to make calls or send texts with your GV number as CID.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully it helps.

1 Like

Yes, that is what I meant…

Yeah, I tried Digits when I was on TMO postpaid but didn’t have a great experience. Plus I really couldn’t justify the $70 per month when prepaid could meet my needs for less than a 3rd of the postpaid price. Those savings help fund my ‘toys’ likeI the Prime and whatever is next.

Prepaid in the states has come a very long way and very reasonably priced imho. I think it is perfect for these type of devices since most carrier devices are moving to esim and few prepaid providers use esim.