Several questions to "Optimus Pro"

Are you using the always time display function of the watch, or the one built into Universal Launcher?

I tried the UL one yesterday and it seemed to be using a fair bit of power.

The one in the watch . Yes you are right the UL on does .

So, I gave the built in “always time” feature a go and hot damn it’s impressive!

I really expected it to drain a substantial amount of battery but it just doesn’t. It actually seems to use less battery if I activate always time and turn off raise to wake.

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu I have see you mention that some of the members here are in contact with Kospet. It would be great to have a digital always time option. What is the best way of passing this request on so that it gets heard by someone at Kospet (or whoever is making the FW for these watches)?

1 Like

We can just push this to @pablo11. I agree that having the choice between digital or analog for the always time would be great.

2 Likes

@pablo11 is in contact with Kospet all the time . However they do read this forum . Thanks

1 Like

I’m glad to see I’m not alone in thinking it would be nice to have a digital option.

I have a feeling that the choice to have just analog clock is to save battery. I have noticed that the display is often behind by a few minutes.

On a slightly related topic, I have noticed what looks like a stuck pixel (small green dot near the 11 mark) that only shows on the always time face. I have looked on other screens and even tried a display tester app but can only see the stuck pixel on the always time display.

Has anyone else noticed this? If it’s not a hardware issue with my device then it could be an error in the watchface graphics used for the always time display.

yeah, the thing with this “always time” thing is that it most of the time shows what time was, not what time actually is.
why would you ever want a watch that shows you a wrong time?

1 Like

It updates the time in every 5 minutes. For example when you lock the watch at 11:23 it will show 11:23 for 5 minutes, and after that it will jump to show 11:28 for the next 5 minutes.

These “jumps” increase the brightness for a second for me so I turned it off.

Yep, that’s exactly right.
It’s been set up to update every 5 minutes to save battery life. But as you say, on the Dual chip watches it is really not worth using it. It is extremely dim in daylight.

The same 5 minute update applies to the regular watches as well except it is bright enough to use

To save a lot of battery, go to setting > more> accounts > disable “auto sync data”.

It should work if you do not need 4g, bluetooth and always on screen.

I personally find the always time feature very useful.

It seems to drain less battery than having raise to wake enabled and I find it very visible when I am inside or at least in shade.

When I am in direct sunlight I can press the buttons to wake the watch which works well for me.

Which watch and firmware version are you using?
I’m curious :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kospet_Optimus Pro_V2.5_20190621

Well, that is extremely strange because for me the “always on” function in regular Android mode is absolutely impossible to read in daylight.
I agree that the battery lasts well but what’s the point in using it if you can’t see the time?

Having said that, I’m glad it suits you :+1:

When can we expect the fitness app update with the gps tracking?

it will never happen.
I bet 5 € on it

The Janus is now shipping with a update that allows this so why not ? We shall see

1 Like

To clarify, I also find that the always time display is too dim in direct sunlight, but very readable at other times.

My last watch was the Amazfit Pace, which while very readable in bright light, often required the backlight when in dim lighting.

This is pretty much the opposite. Press the button to read the display in bight light, rather press the button to read in dim light.

Mine arrived with the little hole in the back, but the mic volume is extremely low. Anyone know how to fix it?

How i can connect my Kospet Optimus Pro with watchmaker?