Screen lock by google mdm policy for android devices

If you go to the watch Settings and then Optimisation, you can find screen lock settings.
Can you try to disable it from here?

It is not easy to disable this if this option does not work because the device admin permission is not accessible.

A full factory reset is best.

However, I have similar work security settings and normally if I uninstall the app, I get asked to disable this setting.
It’s usually email, for example.

Have you already tried to uninstall the app in question?

I cannot uninstall an app because this policy is probably built in in android and I do not have any additional app for it. Also settings for screen lock in optimization are different from the one that are built in android so I cannot disable it. (I disabled it previously because otherwise I would have two screen locks :smiley: like almost two factor authentication PIN + pattern)

So 1.7 is available? My OTA is still 1.4

1 Like

perhaps you can disable it using settings search app
this will open many settings unavailable in the default watch settings options.
usually lock screen falls in security options.

I wasn’t able to find those settings also using the app you provided. Security settings display only as below:

You said that you connected to your work email address.
I assumed that you had installed an email app, that is why I said uninstall it.
If you have disconnected from your work email and you have removed the account associated with your work then I would have thought you would be able to disable it.
If not, settings search won’t help and I think you will have to factory reset or flash the firmware

i have the same issue

is there a fix or a work around

Sorry, I must have misunderstood…
What is the problem that you have?

Have looked in app parameters, special access, then admin access ?

1 Like

Sadly I think it is not possible to access the device admin permissions on the watch.
I suspect that flashing or factory reset is best.
I will try to find out more but I can’t find anything so far

can not enter email info to set up account on watch settings search app is written for older version of droid

You can transfer this to your watch by USB and install it.
But as I said before, it does not seem to help access the device admin permission.

Settings Search_v1.0_apkpure.com.apk (136.0 KB)

You can flash the firmware in just a few minutes…
Much easier with these tools and read up about it of course.

1st timer here. Has this lockscreen issue been resolved? I’m on v1.5_20201210.

The optomization setting is for a different, 2nd lock screen. Search settings doesn’t reveal the security option to disable lock screen. Thought I’d check in @pawgol and see if you ended up needed to do a factory reset? Cheers.

I didn’t do factory reset yet. I ended up getting used to this lock screen. I’m also still running on older version 1.4_20201031 (my KP2 doesn’t detect any new firmware).

Try this and see how it goes

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Seems a new firmware is available to flash, so I might give that a spin. Best wishes to you. Take care.

Upgrade to International FAW Style A10 Firmware allows to turn off the screen lock but it also requires full reset of the watch :wink:

1 Like

I realize this is years later, but I just came across the exact same problem in this email thread with my KO2. Sadly, I think you are right. With looking around for hours, the only thing that worked was a factory reset. It’s unfortunate there isn’t a way even with getting into root to make this fix (perhaps there is, but I couldn’t find it).