Same cell phone number as watch?

Lemfo lem1 watch, AT&T. Any way, solutions for having 2 different numbers? AT&T has number sync if you purchase a smart watch that they sell, but not for a smart watch that they don’t sell. I can set my phone to call forwarding for calls, but not texts. Is there any solutions out there? 

Sept 17, 2017 3:32:59 GMT 1 buckmaster said:
Lemfo lem1 watch, AT&T. Any way, solutions for having 2 different numbers? AT&T has number sync if you purchase a smart watch that they sell, but not for a smart watch that they don't sell. I can set my phone to call forwarding for calls, but not texts. Is there any solutions out there? 

there are forwarding sms and call apps and not just calls and also you can use My SMS to get sms and calls notifications and reply with the watch but the calls will be done with the sim on the watch and not BT calls.

Thanks,

I don’t want to use BT, since I have a sims card in the watch. I will look for these apps.

Sept 18, 2017 0:46:28 GMT 1 buckmaster said:
Thanks,

I don’t want to use BT, since I have a sims card in the watch. I will look for these apps.

phone:  play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.sms&hl=en

watch:  play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.mirror&hl=en

I use Tmobile Digit. i have phone call and txt message on my watch with same iphone number

Nov 26, 2017 18:41:19 GMT 1 phuvaylong said:
I use Tmobile Digit. i have phone call and txt message on my watch with same iphone number

nice, way better then using 2 different sims, i wish it was possible in my country:/ that way you do'nt need notifications app:)
Thanks,

Sorry for a late post:

Google voice is your answer if:
-You are in the US.
-You have two phones (a phone and a watch) with their own sims in each. 
-You want both phones to receive the same calls and the same texts.
-You don’t want two phones to communicate each other (like Bluetooth).

It’s a great service, free of charge. Use it.

Nov 27, 2017 4:11:45 GMT 1 tadd said:

Thanks,

Sorry for a late post:

Google voice is your answer if:
-You are in the US.
-You have two phones (a phone and a watch) with their own sims in each. 
-You want both phones to receive the same calls and the same texts.
-You don’t want two phones to communicate each other (like Bluetooth).

It’s a great service, free of charge. Use it.

I have never used Google Voice so I downloaded it to my phone and set it up with both of my watches. However, I see one big drawback with this option. Your watch must be connected to the cellular network in order for it to work and for you to receive unexpected calls. It might be ok to use where you are expecting a call and turn it on for short periods of time. Have to try it one day after a full charge and see what it does to battery life leaving cellular network on full time.
Will respond back after I test it.

Also looked at T-Mobile Digits. This is a pay service. $10 a month for voice and text line, unless you are already a T-Mobile subscriber and your number can be used for Digits. Also an additional $10 for data connection for your smartwatch to use the Digits connection? It appears you must be connected to the internet for smartwatch to work, like Google Voice requiring a cell connection. Of the two, unless you are with T-Mobile already, I would think a Sim Card like SpeedTalk (which works through T-Mobile 2G/3G service) would be better because it includes both voice, text and data for as little as $5 a month. In the end they all include a continuous cell or data connection and of the 2 Google Voice would be my option because it does not require any additional charges. Any feedback from other users?

In my country it’s possible, i took an extra car sim card with the same number, and i put it in the watch, so now I can see and answer calls, and whenever i need internet i turn on the 3g.

Battery Test with full time cell connection using Google Voice.

This is a test of using Google Voice service with my I4Air to see how long the battery holds up with full time cellular connection. In order for Google Voice to be 100% effective, receiving all calls in place of your phone, it would require a full time cellular connection.

I will keep the cellular connection active until the battery depletes. BT, Data and Location will not used except if needed, then turned back off. I will continue to use Hibernation Manager to turn off selected apps when watch is in sleep mode.

Charged watch to 100%.

11/28 - 2200 hr @ 100% turned on. Cellular connected. Made test call to confirm Google Voice is working. Test good.
11/29 - 1000  - 75% (12hr)
11/29 - 2200  - 23% (24hr) I have received 5 calls. Answered one call. 
11/30 - 0715  - 10% (31hr 15m) awaken to the sweet sound and smell of coffee brewing. Went to 15% Power Save setting sometime during the night. 
11/30 - 0900  -  7%  (33hr) This concludes my test.

I tried a call with the watch in the Power Save mode and the call did not go through. So there is no reason to continue since the purpose of this test is to evaluate the ability to receive Google Voice calls. The time of 33 Hours, less the time on Power Save, for this test is surprising. I’ll guess to reduce the time on Power Save by about 6 hours. This reduces it down to about 27 hours. (The 5% Power Save setting would probably give you about 3+ hours additional standby time, bumping it up to about 30 hours.) I expected way less. Also using this feature there is really no need to connect to WatchDroid to get calls and texts from your phone. This will reduce that battery drain. So with good battery management and using Hibernation Manager (my choice), I think Google Voice is a good option.

I have three devices beside my phone with the SpeedTalk Sim Cards and now no matter which one I am using I can get all the calls and texts that come to my phone on these devices. And the only cost is the $5 Sim Cards in my devices. 

Update: 12 6 2017. I am changing my opinion of Google Voice. While it may work for some it just became unworkable for me. I basically lost control of my devices to the Google number. When people would call my regular number the Google number would appear confusing them. Outgoing calls would be delayed while being rerouted confusing me. You have to bring up the keypad and select an option to answer a call. Basically you have to surrender everything to their number and use only that number for all calls. Something I found just a bit overwhelming. So I deleted the links and also important if you want to be divorced from it the Google number. I like it simple. The BT call option will allow that and is the way to go.

For me the solution was actually simple …enable call forwarding from your cell phone your simcarded ( with new phone number) smartwatch. I know you will incur charges, but for me that is an acceptable consequence and my business.

For me google voice works out pretty well. i have recently moved so no one recognizes my area code anyways so giving everyone the google voice number to call made it so i could get a new local number people would actually answer. the only draw back i have is i have to open the voice app to make a phone call on the watch otherwise it will default back to the # on the sim card on the watch. it links ok to make phone calls from the stock launcher on the phone but doesnt do it correctly on my watch. its not the end of the world to open the app to make a call but would love to make it work more smoothly.

i love that i can transfer the call from the watch to the phone if i wanted to make a private call instead of using the speakerphone on the watch.