S99 Smartwatch getting to know.....

Well, I know it as much as I can I think.  I cant find ANY support for this watch on the internet!  

All I know as I got from Gearbest a :

ZGPAX S99

Android 5.1

security patch 2016-06-01

Baseband P16

Kernel 3.10.72

Build S99_PGD_TM_V03_20160XXX

soooo, is there ANYWHERE for support for this watch on the internet that I cant find?

I may have just bought the wrong watch. Want I wanted in this order was:

1. Round face (got that)
  2. Full Android support with app store (got that)

My biggest issue is getting custom watch faces on it (heard it cant be done)
and integrating the apps I wanted to use with it most (Sleep as Android & S-Health)

I know it has a SIM slot but I dont want to pay monthly for another SIM card just to put it in to make the S-health app work which it appears that is what S-health needs and asks for upon launching that app.

Am I in the right area to post this?

Did I somehow miss this info already being posted?

I think I may return it to Gearbest or get a new one I would prefer a larger round display actually.  My wrists are extra large so yea this S99 is ok but would like largest round face and thinner if possible.  I dont care about the camera or the 3G radio I just want it to tether to my phone the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and have full android and highest possible resolution of course oh and of course a heart rate monitor.

Is that too much to ask for ? lol

I have owned most of the watched out there and the best one so far was the Motorola 360 v2 46mm but even that was pretty bulky and had that “flat tire” pixel outage at the bottom of the display that drove me crazy!

XDA Developers has a topic about that watch

Thank you I looked but nothing which addresses my issues and in fact hardly anything at all which is surprising because that is one of my favorite “go-to” sites for most phone or watch tech/.

The S99 looks to be the same family as the I2, KW88, LEM3, Blitz. So I would expect that faces for those watches would work. The downfall is that entire family of watches are primarily standalone watches, so companion features will be limited.

You could try and use one of our apk’s to try and install a new CF …see if it work and let us know.

Sept 13, 2016 17:00:21 GMT 1 Martin said:
You could try and use one of our apk's to try and install a new CF ..see if it work and let us know.

I would definitely be interested in unlocking/rooting/installing apk for my S99 for customizing it how I want to.

For my S99 specifically here where is that area so I can read up on it and get the files from?

thanks!
P.S.  Yes I have been side-loading/flashing/hardware modding for many years now so I feel comfortable with all that

Don’t need all that to test the watchface apk. You side-load like any other regular apk.

About the rest, you seem to be the only person here with one so there’s nothing dedicated specifically to your watch. As development progresses, I expect to see guides pop up that should address the minor variances in the family of watches.

Sept 14, 2016 1:35:06 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Don't need all that to test the watchface apk. You side-load like any other regular apk.

About the rest, you seem to be the only person here with one so there’s nothing dedicated specifically to your watch. As development progresses, I expect to see guides pop up that should address the minor variances in the family of watches.

wow I had no idea it was that easy lol!  I just plugged it in with no dev options set on my Windows 10 machine and BOOM it just showed up as “S99” and I had root file system access so yea I can sideload whatever I want this way.

So where i the what directory do I drag watch faces into or is there the watch.apk file I need as well?

Now that I know how to get into the watch what is the basic tutorial to get custom watch faces onto this S99?

vipjeff I’m going to move this thread to the I2/KW88 section. And about your install question, take a look at this thread

If the GPS is turned on and running Endomondo app, then how much longer the battery? (ZGPAX S99) I can run for at least an hour? or more? Someone to test me? Thanks!

Большинство АПК для лица нормально KW88. Проблема в том, что невозможно сделать без программы СУ и нет обновления по ОТА, хотя последняя версия прошивки s99_pgd_tm_v07_20160921. Разработчик не отвечает писал много раз.

Watch with 99 not possible get SU. Decided to reprogram the watch device firmware. 's first KW88 of firmware does not amoled screen loaded. Blitz’s all OK. Now put SU and TWRP. Everything works 4.5 GB of free memory.

Рут надо смотреть на официальную прошивку plus.google.com/communities/109827242607524552712 это на XDA

4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=770171&st=180

forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/watches-zgpax-s99-s83-t3360127/page8

So, I’ve jumped in with both feet and bought an s99 via Amazon so I have a fighting chance of returning it if it all goes breasts aloft. Somewhat unwittingly, I’ve ended up with a clone branded DIGGRO and the OTA update doesn’t work, but I’m struggling to find anything concrete on what I could flash this puppy with. It’s definietly a copy of the S99, generally I like it, but I think it could be a little better with a few more settings exposed.

Version info:
Baseband: Moly.wr8.w1449.md.wg.mp.v6.p17, 2016/07/09 18:03
Kernel 3.10.72
Build Number: S99_DIGGRO_V01_20161128

The build does have a DIGGRO boot image so I’m guessing this is a tweaked S99 rom. Refuses to FOTA update though, says it’s not registered.

Any advice on flashing these watches? plus backing up/recovering the original image?

Feb 14, 2017 10:45:46 GMT 1 arcascomp said:
So, I've jumped in with both feet and bought an s99 via Amazon so I have a fighting chance of returning it if it all goes breasts aloft. Somewhat unwittingly, I've ended up with a clone branded DIGGRO and the OTA update doesn't work, but I'm struggling to find anything concrete on what I could flash this puppy with. It's definietly a copy of the S99, generally I like it, but I think it could be a little better with a few more settings exposed.

Version info:
Baseband: Moly.wr8.w1449.md.wg.mp.v6.p17, 2016/07/09 18:03
Kernel 3.10.72
Build Number: S99_DIGGRO_V01_20161128

The build does have a DIGGRO boot image so I’m guessing this is a tweaked S99 rom. Refuses to FOTA update though, says it’s not registered.

Any advice on flashing these watches? plus backing up/recovering the original image?

if you can return and get a refund or the x5+ or lem5 way better i bought the s99a from Zgpax and so far do’nt like it! the screen is small compare to the bazel around it, it is thick too thick even with camera (kw88 way thinner), software just horrible, battery do’nt last more than 8hr with only 3g on, with flight mode it last barely 18hr. and the seller promised me it  is a 1gb ram and turned out it is ONLY 512mb ram!! it has really annoying lags! so my suggestion is to replace or get a refund.

Well, given that it has 8Gb ROM and I had to have a camera for my usage, there wasn’t a huge choice available. It’s my first watchphone and so far, it’s quite usable. I’m getting up to 24 hours with wifi and 3G on at all times which is as good as the old MotoG it’s replaced. Both the X5+ and the Lem5 looked great, but neither have a camera.

I’ve seen comments that this is basically the same as the blitz but with 8Gb rather than 4Gb, but I have no idea if it’s able to run other watches firmwares. Last thing I’d want is to brick it.

hola, yo tambien tengo un s99 y estoy bastante contento con el

Feb 15, 2017 13:11:00 GMT 1 arcascomp said:
Well, given that it has 8Gb ROM and I had to have a camera for my usage, there wasn't a huge choice available. It's my first watchphone and so far, it's quite usable. I'm getting up to 24 hours with wifi and 3G on at all times which is as good as the old MotoG it's replaced. Both the X5+ and the Lem5 looked great, but neither have a camera.

I’ve seen comments that this is basically the same as the blitz but with 8Gb rather than 4Gb, but I have no idea if it’s able to run other watches firmwares. Last thing I’d want is to brick it.

i have the s99a and it is also a 8gb storage and only 512mb ram, this watch has really awful lags and the battery with only 3g does’nt last long even with root i can’t do much, i have also the x3+ which is way better than this one, i thought i bought the 1gb ram but i was being misleaded by the seller. i think the kw88 or soon the kw98 are better choices over the s99 and i like the Blitz but only if it was 1gb ram and 8gb storage.

1 Like

Thank you got a s99 coming soon

Mar 8, 2017 0:11:45 GMT 1 jakeyflowee said:
Thank you got a s99 coming soon

Received mine couple days ago loving it, no lag for me I even tested mine raft on it it was fine just a quick walk around test was no lag when walking, got a few other apps battery life ain’t an issue just plug it in if u need to charge it not difficult :confused:

Several custom faces loaded looking great!