S10Pro International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - Suitable for LEM14 2021.06.26

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: International Firmware [Beta] (LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15, Prime2)

does FAW-S10-Pro-V1.1.zip self install like 1.0 does or do I need to set up a laptop to flash it?

Just like FAW 1.0.

Yes, that’s why it is an update.zip.
Must not be unzipped.
Copy to storage and use the update app, just like the previous version.

In fact there is no difference between v1.0 and v1.1 apart from security.
I still recommend that you use it though because in the future, security will be important.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m at 1.1 now.
Im doing the post factory reset reinstall of my apps.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ticwris MAX firmware

Were you able to find a solution for the issue with google Fi? I was thinking about switching to them.

Nope. Google Fi is not a “plug and play” type of a SIM. Once you install it, you need to use the Project FI application to activate it on the watch\phone. If you try to activate it on the watch, the Project Fi application will tell you the hardware you are using is “not supported”. The SIM WILL work without the Project FI installed or activate, but the watch gets hot and the battery drains. I think the SIM continues to invoke the Project Fi app in the background to activate and is unsuccessful. I don’t recommend it but would love to figure out how to use it. the plans are great, especially for data-only SIM addons!

Jack

Did some more Project Fi testing. Here is the trick to get it to work. Install the sim, install the Project FI application on your watch. turn on data service, launch the app and sign in with the Project Fi google account. The application will configure the APN on the watch but it will not successfully “activate”. once you receive the unable to activate, error. uninstall the application. Reboot the watch. every time you turn on data service, the watch will notify you to install Project Fi and activate the sim but it’s only once. Disregard it. The sim should work and the battery drain will be normal. If you leave the Project FI app on the watch, the data will work but the battery drain will be significant and the watch will run very hot.

Is this true using the latest version of the FAW international firmware?

A post was merged into an existing topic: International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

v1.0 and v1.2 updated in line with the release schedule.
v1.0 includes a mandatory factory reset coming from stock
v1.2 brings your device up to date security.

If you need to downgrade for any reason you must flash stock firmware with SP Tools.

1 Like

Hi Pablo,the file S10PRO_LEM_C15_EN_V1.7_20210121.zip is an old one ? I guess you mention it in replacement of the FAW-LEM15-V1.0.zip which crashes with the last stock firmware release ?? If it has been generated on the 21st of January, may be it is not really up to date compared to the stock firmware I have ? Thanks,what is your planning for the delivery of à New faw release ?

It is the stock factory firmware for the LEM14

As for updates to the FAW firmware

@pablo11 I seem to be having issues with steps being displayed on V1.2 I thought it might have been related to the lift to wake function as I could briefly get it back on watch faces when toggling this on or off.
FWIW I have tried 2 factory resets since the FW upgrade.

Yes, I am aware of the issues and I have to rebuild all v1.2 again.
It’s a long story and very frustrating.
If I was you I would just use v1.0 from the top of this thread until I repost 1.2.
Sadly it means flashing stock first… But probably worth it

2 Likes

No problem mate, I’ll live with it until the updated V1.2 is re-released :+1:

Hi Pablo,just for information the link FAW-S10PRO-V1.0.zip does not seem to exist anymore

It has been removed because it’s not longer needed. You can install every update directly on stock firmware now.

2 Likes

Thread closed until further notice.