Rooting the DM368

Hi there,

just stumbled upon the fllowing link, where the author claims to be able to root the DM368 with a root pack:

chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-5-1-stock-firmware-domino-dm368-smartwatch.html

Maybe some already tested this? Root Pack sounds familiar?

/Heiko

Or maybe this could be an inspiration for the creator of the thread “New - populating SOON” in the rooting section

Jun 1, 2017 8:32:37 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Or maybe this could be an inspiration for the creator of the thread "New - populating SOON" in the rooting section

better to wait for our guide to root in a safe way:)

Jun 5, 2017 21:09:59 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jun 1, 2017 8:32:37 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Or maybe this could be an inspiration for the creator of the thread “New - populating SOON” in the rooting section

better to wait for our guide to root in a safe way:)

Hey Soniasophie,

i was checking for updates in the meanwhile deleted thread “New - populating soon” almost on a daily basis for two months, as without root, i use my DM368 just as a watch. What a waste!
Can you tell, when the guide might be published? Just approximatly? Would be nice to have something to look forward to.

Thanks!

/Heiko

Jun 6, 2017 16:57:32 GMT 1 heiko123 said:

Jun 5, 2017 21:09:59 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
better to wait for our guide to root in a safe way:)


Hey Soniasophie,

i was checking for updates in the meanwhile deleted thread “New - populating soon” almost on a daily basis for two months, as without root, i use my DM368 just as a watch. What a waste!
Can you tell, when the guide might be published? Just approximatly? Would be nice to have something to look forward to.

Thanks!

/Heiko


i will check and notify you:)

Thanks in advance for your support!

Jun 6, 2017 18:40:19 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jun 6, 2017 16:57:32 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Hey Soniasophie,

i was checking for updates in the meanwhile deleted thread “New - populating soon” almost on a daily basis for two months, as without root, i use my DM368 just as a watch. What a waste!
Can you tell, when the guide might be published? Just approximatly? Would be nice to have something to look forward to.

Thanks!

/Heiko


i will check and notify you:)

Ping
Jun 12, 2017 5:48:25 GMT 1 heiko123 said:

Jun 6, 2017 18:40:19 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
i will check and notify you:)


Ping

there is now a section for rooting your device.

Jun 12, 2017 9:20:20 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jun 12, 2017 5:48:25 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Ping

there is now a section for rooting your device.

Hi Soniasophie,

thank you so much, but i cannot find it.
Seaching the forum for all posts within the last 35 hours didn´t help.

Could you provide the link / point to the right section?

Thanks again,

Heiko

Try with flashing the TWRP from here:
/thread/901/twrp-recovery-kw88-dm368-version

then, in TWRP, install the SuperSU .zip from here:
www.supersu.com/download

Jun 13, 2017 9:34:08 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
Try with flashing the TWRP from here: /thread/901/twrp-recovery-kw88-dm368-version

then, in TWRP, install the SuperSU .zip from here:
www.supersu.com/download


Hey Ciro,

thank you big time!
I´ll give it a try.

Cheers,

/Heiko

Now this is a downer, - i´m running on HEHUI.

No way to root that?

Cheers,

/Heiko

Jun 13, 2017 11:39:04 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Now this is a downer, - i´m running on HEHUI.

No way to root that?

Cheers,

/Heiko



If you like risky business you could try to flash TWRP for IQI I4 -HEHUI- (here) but I can’t test it so I can’t guarantee anything.
After that, you should restore correct boot.img by following the already reported how-to thread.

Hey again,

thanks for the advice. I´ll check and make up my mind.

Cheers,

/Heiko

Jun 13, 2017 11:58:33 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
Jun 13, 2017 11:39:04 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Now this is a downer, - i´m running on HEHUI.

No way to root that?

Cheers,

/Heiko


If you like risky business you could try to flash TWRP for IQI I4 -HEHUI- (here) but I can’t test it so I can’t guarantee anything.
After that, you should restore correct boot.img by following the already reported how-to thread.

Hi Ciro,

following your last post for the IQI I4, you state:

/
Installation
To install, use the usual procedure for flashing the recovery with SP Flash Tool
/

Are you refering to /thread/30/rooting-proper ?

/

  1. Load the supplied scatter file in SP Flash Tool
    /
    Is there a scatter file for the DM368 and if yes, do i use that, or the scatter file for the IQI I4, following the procedure for the IQI ?

/
After that, you should restore correct boot.img by following the already reported how-to thread.
/

REPORTED in which post / thread ?

Thanks again for helping out and all your efford so far! And never mind, i`ll test on my own risk.

/Heiko

Jun 17, 2017 18:05:24 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Hi Ciro,

following your last post for the IQI I4, you state:

/
Installation
To install, use the usual procedure for flashing the recovery with SP Flash Tool
/

Are you refering to /thread/30/rooting-proper ?

/

  1. Load the supplied scatter file in SP Flash Tool
    /
    Is there a scatter file for the DM368 and if yes, do i use that, or the scatter file for the IQI I4, following the procedure for the IQI ?

/
After that, you should restore correct boot.img by following the already reported how-to thread.
/

REPORTED in which post / thread ?

Thanks again for helping out and all your efford so far! And never mind, i`ll test on my own risk.

/Heiko


Ok, let's start you from the beginning.

You need the latest firmware files for your DM368 - HEHUI version - from:
/thread/731/domino-dm386-firmware
If you didn’t already flash this firmware on your watch, do it now.

The flashing procedure is the common procedure for all the MTK based watches, reported in the video guides from SmartWatch Ticks:
/thread/51/smartwatch-ticks-video-guides-flashing

After sucessfully flashing the latest firmware, you can now try to flash my IQI I4 recovery, again following the same flashing procedure but this time you should load the scatter file from my IQI I4 recovery package and only should flash the boot img and the recovery img from the same package.
The scatter file for I4 and DM368 are identical.

Now, if there are no issues with TWRP for I4 on your DM368, you should be able to enter the recovery by connecting the watch, enabling debug over USB and entering the TWRP recovery with the command “adb reboot recovery”.

If you are at this point, then you should follow my “already reported” how-to post from here:
/thread/894/twrp-latest-boot-img-on

For completing this step you need the “boot.img” file from the latest firmware files for your DM368 - HEHUI version, already mentioned at the beginning of this post.

At any point, if you face any issue like bootloop, stuck on the boot logo, black screen or so, you simply have to flash again the full firmware for your watch, always avoiding to flash the “preloader” though.

Jun 18, 2017 15:05:40 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
Jun 17, 2017 18:05:24 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Hi Ciro,

following your last post for the IQI I4, you state:

/
Installation
To install, use the usual procedure for flashing the recovery with SP Flash Tool
/

Are you refering to /thread/30/rooting-proper ?

/

  1. Load the supplied scatter file in SP Flash Tool
    /
    Is there a scatter file for the DM368 and if yes, do i use that, or the scatter file for the IQI I4, following the procedure for the IQI ?

/
After that, you should restore correct boot.img by following the already reported how-to thread.
/

REPORTED in which post / thread ?

Thanks again for helping out and all your efford so far! And never mind, i`ll test on my own risk.

/Heiko


Ok, let's start you from the beginning.

You need the latest firmware files for your DM368 - HEHUI version - from:
/thread/731/domino-dm386-firmware
If you didn’t already flash this firmware on your watch, do it now.

The flashing procedure is the common procedure for all the MTK based watches, reported in the video guides from SmartWatch Ticks:
/thread/51/smartwatch-ticks-video-guides-flashing

After sucessfully flashing the latest firmware, you can now try to flash my IQI I4 recovery, again following the same flashing procedure but this time you should load the scatter file from my IQI I4 recovery package and only should flash the boot img and the recovery img from the same package.
The scatter file for I4 and DM368 are identical.

Now, if there are no issues with TWRP for I4 on your DM368, you should be able to enter the recovery by connecting the watch, enabling debug over USB and entering the TWRP recovery with the command “adb reboot recovery”.

If you are at this point, then you should follow my “already reported” how-to post from here:
/thread/894/twrp-latest-boot-img-on

For completing this step you need the “boot.img” file from the latest firmware files for your DM368 - HEHUI version, already mentioned at the beginning of this post.

At any point, if you face any issue like bootloop, stuck on the boot logo, black screen or so, you simply have to flash again the full firmware for your watch, always avoiding to flash the “preloader” though.


Hey Ciro,

thanks a lot for your efforts! It will take some time now to test, as i`m not home now.

Ill let your know as soon as ive tryed.

Cheers
/Heiko

Jun 20, 2017 21:10:43 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Jun 18, 2017 15:05:40 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
Ok, let's start you from the beginning.

You need the latest firmware files for your DM368 - HEHUI version - from:
/thread/731/domino-dm386-firmware
If you didn’t already flash this firmware on your watch, do it now.

The flashing procedure is the common procedure for all the MTK based watches, reported in the video guides from SmartWatch Ticks:
/thread/51/smartwatch-ticks-video-guides-flashing

After sucessfully flashing the latest firmware, you can now try to flash my IQI I4 recovery, again following the same flashing procedure but this time you should load the scatter file from my IQI I4 recovery package and only should flash the boot img and the recovery img from the same package.
The scatter file for I4 and DM368 are identical.

Now, if there are no issues with TWRP for I4 on your DM368, you should be able to enter the recovery by connecting the watch, enabling debug over USB and entering the TWRP recovery with the command “adb reboot recovery”.

If you are at this point, then you should follow my “already reported” how-to post from here:
/thread/894/twrp-latest-boot-img-on

For completing this step you need the “boot.img” file from the latest firmware files for your DM368 - HEHUI version, already mentioned at the beginning of this post.

At any point, if you face any issue like bootloop, stuck on the boot logo, black screen or so, you simply have to flash again the full firmware for your watch, always avoiding to flash the “preloader” though.


Hey Ciro,

thanks a lot for your efforts! It will take some time now to test, as i`m not home now.

Ill let your know as soon as ive tryed.

Cheers
/Heiko


Hi this work with DM368 Pro 1gb ram and 16 gb rom
Jun 20, 2017 21:10:43 GMT 1 heiko123 said:
Jun 18, 2017 15:05:40 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
Ok, let's start you from the beginning.

You need the latest firmware files for your DM368 - HEHUI version - from:
/thread/731/domino-dm386-firmware
If you didn’t already flash this firmware on your watch, do it now.

The flashing procedure is the common procedure for all the MTK based watches, reported in the video guides from SmartWatch Ticks:
/thread/51/smartwatch-ticks-video-guides-flashing

After sucessfully flashing the latest firmware, you can now try to flash my IQI I4 recovery, again following the same flashing procedure but this time you should load the scatter file from my IQI I4 recovery package and only should flash the boot img and the recovery img from the same package.
The scatter file for I4 and DM368 are identical.

Now, if there are no issues with TWRP for I4 on your DM368, you should be able to enter the recovery by connecting the watch, enabling debug over USB and entering the TWRP recovery with the command “adb reboot recovery”.

If you are at this point, then you should follow my “already reported” how-to post from here:
/thread/894/twrp-latest-boot-img-on

For completing this step you need the “boot.img” file from the latest firmware files for your DM368 - HEHUI version, already mentioned at the beginning of this post.

At any point, if you face any issue like bootloop, stuck on the boot logo, black screen or so, you simply have to flash again the full firmware for your watch, always avoiding to flash the “preloader” though.


Hey Ciro,

thanks a lot for your efforts! It will take some time now to test, as i`m not home now.

Ill let your know as soon as ive tryed.

Cheers
/Heiko


Hi man did this procedure work on your DM368 Heuhui?

Hi,
will know next week.

/Heiko