Rooting Kospet Hope

Sorry, yes I understand now.
Does it even make a sound from your PC when you connect it?
If it does but still no joy have you tried to reinstall the drivers?
Inside this zip is an updated driver install…ignore the other stuff…

hi pablo. tks for the answer. its fundamentally a physical damage situation. it doesnt even charge with the data cable (the new one i bought) using a 5v usb powered wall charger… so definitely makes no sound when connecting to the pc. i could maybe try get another cable… is the data connector on the watch connecting to another connector on the actual watch board itself? as in are there identical connectors right underneath?

This is a Hope model with the 2 pin USB cable right?
You have purchased the special cable that requires you to remove the Sim cover to connect to the 4 main board connection points just next to the Sim tray?
It is an unusual cable and it is a very tight fit. Care is needed when it comes to removing the cable from the watch to prevent damage to the Sim spring connectors…
It looks like this… In the Sim area you can see the four little gold connections on the board.

1 Like

ciao. yeah thats the one. maybe when i get home ill take a pic of the watch. my sim connectors i ended up removing (they did look a little different than your pic) as sim cards didnt work in the watch. so all i see are those 4 data cable connectors. yes it used to work with the data cable which came with the watch and eventually the cable broke so i ordered another. it worked couple times then stopped.

@pablo11 i have both the 2 pin cable and the 4 pin data cable. the data cable is the one which im having trouble with. hence why i cant connect to the pc. i thought maybe my 4 connecting points on the watch itself may have faded too much

hopefully you can see this pic

Can’t see the picture but if you have the same as in my photo - I suspect that sadly you have another bad cable or the connections are dirty.
You can try carefully cleaning the USB pins and the watch connection spots using a medi swab or other ethanol based cleaning swab.
Get another cable if possible…?
That’s about all there is I’m sorry to say.

@pablo11 try the attached. you can see the damaged connectors in the pic… is it salvagable do you think?

I think with some work to clear the weird Sim tray edging and a clean up it might work. This was obviously made by a different factory than the original version.
I will be honest with you though.
If this was mine I would be moving on to a newer, better device.
As much as I like the Hope, there are better designs available now and save yourself the aggravation of getting this one going again.
Just my opinion of course…

yeah i have since been using an LEM12 but although the screen is bigger, i prefer the kospets amoled screen. any word on any new amoleds coming with A10? otherwise yeah i guess ill get another amoled watch at some point. what would you recommend?

1 Like

At some point later in the year, there may be a Unisoc based watch (not MTK) that may have an amoled screen.
Currently waiting to hear from the solution provider about this.

I must admit that I tried an amoled again the other day for a trouble shooting exorcise and I was really surprised by how much smaller the usable area is…

Amoled has the issue of the black area around the screen and this is why the 1.6 screen is so widely used now.

1 Like

@pablo11 Exciting news! Yes I do love the 1.6 inch LEM12 I have. I however don’t use the watch as a replacement phone, so I generally prefer the AMOLED due to the always on feature. It’s otherwise pointless for me if I have to raise my wrist and wait up to half a second to see the time… despite that, still love the LEM12. Planning on rooting eventually to increase the sensitivity of my so that it’s on by the time the watch is raised… but I digress. Is it going to be as powerful as the currently thus far released lineup?
My hope was my 3rd android watch purchase (after 2 breaks of a ZGPAX S099 and an ALCALL watch) Haven’t gotten a new one in a while so looking hopeful.

if it will use the same processor as the lemfo s21 is said to come with then it will be as powerful as the android 7 watches

I am trying to persuade them to drop that 32bit old SOC.
There is a newer version of the SOC and will be fine for 64bit A9 or A10 hopefully.
Just waiting for the hardware to be finalised.

But to be honest, I am not a fan of the Unisoc Spreadtrum solution.
I am happy with MTK but the price of the boards is getting higher so they look towards the cheaper unisoc solution :cry:

1 Like