Romain Jerome: Moon dust dna the truth about roswell watch, working tourbillon

Romain Jerome published the designs of this watch back in 2009. It was initially unclear if it would ever be built. In the end 9 pieces were produced - if my information is correct.

Not to lose focus, but what does any of this have to do with Roswell anyway? I assume Romain Jerome is referring to Roswell New Mexico, the famed “alien landing” town. There is some lost message in here about how skeletons and watch gears on the Moon’s surface are the key to unraveling “the truth about Roswell,” but I am not catching it.

I took a closer look at this watch back in 2018. I dropped it at the time as there were no good photos available. This is still the case. But maybe I’m more patient today than 5 years ago…

The flying tourbillon is finaly working. I had to build it from the scatch.

By the way: the original design had simple, round hands. However, the watches produced have the typical antennas of the moondust series. that’s why I deviated from the template at this point.

Credits: -Homepage | RJ Watches

download: -RomainJerome.zip - Google Drive

clock_skin_model

promo1

10 Likes

Quite an interesting face @G1NT0N1C even without the tourbillon not working! :+1: And quite an interesting bit of history behind it! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Thank you very much, @Doonsbury . I think I will add the Tourbillon. I just need some time.

1 Like

Fascinating watch – dial has actual moon dust, bezel has actual steel fragments from Apollo XI, strap has actual fibers from ISS spacesuit. I wonder if those are actual baby alien skeleton fragments.:rofl: . . . :+1: @G1NT0N1C .

Well, I would personally rule out that these are fragments of an alien skeleton… :grin:

We may never know for sure :thinking:

Well, don’t get me wrong. I don’t want to rule out the possibility of extraterrestrial skeletons on Earth. But we can rule out they gave these skeletons to Romain Jerome to craft into a Watch! :joy:

2 Likes

I would also rule out the space dust. it cost so much money to get it that they probably won’t put it in someone’s watch

2 Likes

Keep up the great work mate :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, Doc. The flying tourbillon was a lot of work, just because ther wasn’t any good template. So I had to build it from the scatch. I think I can publish it in a few hours.

1 Like

I added the flying tourbillon. It would probably have taken just as long to file the pieces out of a block of iron…

Universal launcher is needed.

4 Likes

Well, YES it was worth waiting for the completion of the mechanism. Very well and above all, realistically made. Another one in my collection from you. Thx

3 Likes

Thank you Vladimir. In fact, it took me some time before I was satisfied with the result. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a video so I had to combine the bad pictures of the watch with my knowledge of tourbillons. However, I think that the result reflects the original quite accurately.

1 Like

I just corrected a small error in the tourbillon. The bottom gears were misaligned. The download link is updated.

2 Likes