rom dump x5plus

If i root my x5 plus, can i rom dump it?
i have no problems with doing it if its possible i hate it to reflash it with “old” software

Jan 12, 2017 19:05:38 GMT 1 aapke said:
If i root my x5 plus, can i rom dump it? i have no problems with doing it if its possible i hate it to reflash it with "old" software

what do you mean rom dump it?

So every time there is an update i can upload to the forum so people can reflash with latest update

Jan 13, 2017 7:38:53 GMT 1 aapke said:
So every time there is an update i can upload to the forum so people can reflash with latest update

that would be great. cause i think i need it

yea will try this in the weekend (tomorrow probably) then i have time

i successfully installed Do.1 D5+ firmware to my x5+, downloaded from their website.
the only problem no screen, i can hear the startup sound and clicks only! i gues it’s because the Amoled

i sent a couple to emails to Finow to send me a link to the firmware, but no replies!

Finow should  put their firmware for download like Others

Jan 13, 2017 7:38:53 GMT 1 aapke said:

You do realize that we maintain a massive archive of firmware right? I've just been very busy moving posts where they should be a telling people to read pinned posts and FAQS.  'll try to get it posted in the archive in the next day or two.
Jan 14, 2017 20:34:38 GMT 1 zabadok said:
i successfully installed Do.1 D5+ firmware to my x5+, downloaded from their website.

the only problem no screen, i can hear the startup sound and clicks only! i gues it’s because the Amoled

i sent a couple to emails to Finow to send me a link to the firmware, but no replies!

Finow should  put their firmware for download like Others

That’s because you have never been able to flash D5 firmare onto an X5 and have it work. They are not even the same HW.

We have X5+ firmware in the archive, I just haven’t had the time to dump the latest version.

No.1 is the only brand that posts firmware, and that’s about the only nice thing they do.

Thanks after downloading the firmware from the archive, it’s back to life.

Thank you

Ooh ok than my efforts are not needed thanks for uploading !

Jan 14, 2017 23:41:06 GMT 1 aapke said:
Ooh ok than my efforts are not needed thanks for uploading !

Actually, this may require a couple eyes on it. I've been trying to dump the firmware for two hours and still can't get a clean full dump. Pablo has been having issues dumping firmware  as well. So if you can dump it, more power to you. PM me with the link if you pull it off and I'll credit you in the downloads section.

Ok thanks will try it but to be clear i need root ?

Jan 15, 2017 10:44:48 GMT 1 aapke said:
Ok thanks will try it but to be clear i need root ?

You don't need root to do this. Well - not the way I do it. I grab the Scatter file from the stock FW I uploaded to this forum in the stock firmware section. Then I use SP Tools to take a memory scan (only memory) and make a note of the largest partition number. Then I take a full readback of the X5+ using SP Tools. Only problem is it does not include the pre-loader because we now have 2 partitions to deal with. This screenshot telss you what you get after extracting ROM_0 with 7zip

Attachments:

I would be very keen to know any other way of doing it.

Cheers

Thank you wil try it !!